Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone that has the Suncoast V, how many miles do you have on it? Worth the money? Any problems at all? And how satisfied are you with your big purchase? I am looking to buy, and just want to know whats been going on with this setup. Its big money to do this tranny, so I want to know if I am doing the right thing. Only have 10,000 miles on my stock trans and the converter is burning up. Still under warantee, but they only put things back to stock, so back in that boat again. Just want to take the big step up, and want to make sure its the right way. Thanks:help2:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
You wont be dis-satisfied. I am getting ready to do a IV, so I can't give you hard numbers yet, but I really doubt you will find many people on here that will bad mouth their Suncoast or ATS tranny for that matter.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
IIRC I had 15k or something like that on my stage 5. It had a few 11 second passes on it too;) and its fair share of N2O passes on the street. Drove with 500 to the rears daily and probably a bit over 700 to the rears on N2O.

·
Registered
204 Posts
In 2 years w/ SC4 over 60k, 10k towing, 450+ Rwh, every day, no problems, no regrets.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I forgot to mention....Chebby03 now has my trans in his truck.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I forgot to mention....Chebby03 now has my trans in his truck.
Yes he does :D and it should have just as much if not more rwhp going through it when I'm done! :evillol:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
IIRC I had 15k or something like that on my stage 5. It had a few 11 second passes on it too;) and its fair share of N2O passes on the street. Drove with 500 to the rears daily and probably a bit over 700 to the rears on N2O.
ratlover how long did you have the tranny in your truck with 500-700 hp.

Yes he does :D and it should have just as much if not more rwhp going through it when I'm done! :evillol:
Chebby03HD how long have you been running that trans in your truck,and about what kind of power are you making right now.

·
Registered
155 Posts
ratlover how long did you have the tranny in your truck with 500-700 hp.

Chebby03HD how long have you been running that trans in your truck,and about what kind of power are you making right now.
I've got around 7-10k miles on it I think, somewhere in there. As to what kind of power, I'm gonna assume it's got to be around 450 or better with the Extreme (no N2o through it yet either), I haven't had a chance to dyno or run it at the track yet. My goal will be to spin up the rollers to 600+ and run deeeep into the 12's this year, would really prefer an 11.99 so we'll see.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
500 off n2o. drove that daily. On N2O acording to my trap speed and using a caculator I was in the 700+hp range I duno.....never dynoed it on spray. Everytime I sprayed I also didnt spray it with that much but I did plenty of runs with it that high and plenty were I was 600.

like I said.....I had around 15k or so on it......

·
Registered
142 Posts
By the time I'd reached 10k, I also had burned up the converter clutch by limping the stock tranny with the predator only on 65 hp! I thought about going to the dealer but decided it wouldn't do much good to have the same weak converter put back in it...So I just turned my tuner down until the limping stopped and ordered a SC5..

I only have a couple of thousand miles on it so far, but you can really feel every shift now, even the torque converter lock up is nice and firm. Without even changing the predator settings, the truck definitely feels quicker on accelerating, I suppose because it takes less time for the tranny to shift.

Now I'm letting the tranny "learn" the tow/haul mode. It will jerk you around a bit in that mode...Very firm shifts/downshifts.

I'm happy with it so far, and am glad I bypassed the dealer altogether. No reason for them to know I'm over torquing the stock converter now is there?:D

I haven't been disappointed, and now I run the max tune... I can now make all the black smoke my heart desires:ro)

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
almost 10k miles on the sc5, NO regrets what so EVER! stock ally and the dealer can bite me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts