Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went down and seen Joe at Suncoast this past Monday, to get a stage 4 installed. Previous to me going down my tranny would slip in 5th at will, as well as very poor shifting in all other gears + limped it in 3rd 2 days before my trip. I have ran the hot juice for a year now and stacked it with the predator since it came out(custom tunes). Two weeks previous to me leaving i have been using the 215 quad by itself, and the edge comp.by itself + alot of stacking. I knew i was getting a new tranny so wanted to see how much it would handle. Not too much at this point.

Trip down was eventful, got lost in the bad part of Detroit Saturday night about 12am
, got straightened around an hour later, but the rest of the 20 hour drive went well. Almost got to Fort Walton when i seen a dually duramax behind me, looking to run me over(thought it was mackin, but it wasn't black)
. I pulled off as i wasn't sure of where i was going and he certainly did. He passed and low and behold i see a suncoast sticker in the back window(Joe). Got my second wind and had hammer down and followed him most of the remaining way. Got a hotel and some food and toured the beach before night and let some soot fly.

Arrived at Suncoast at 8am and met Joe and staff. Very nice people and very accomadating, will be definetely be doing more business with them in the future. He gave me a quick tour and then we went for a test drive. Let them get started on my truck and went touring around the beach and such. I stopped back in at 1pm to make sure things were going well, and Joe informed me i now hold the record for the worst c3's he's seen(i don't know if i should take that as a compliment or not
). I definetley will be taking that as a compliment. Anyhow, he says to stop in at 4:30pm and see how things are doing.

Stop in at 4:30pm and the truck is ready to come off the hoist. Joe takes her for a spin and comes back and checks fluids. All is well so we go out for our break in test drive. We were probably out for an hour going through the shift sequences several times getting the tranny to fast learn. I knew about half way through our test drive that i had made a good choice.

Went back and settled up with Joe and headed for some grub and sleep. Left Tues. morn 3am as i did not want to drive through Detroit at night again. I'm not a small guy or easily scared, but i don't think i have been through such a hole(sorry if i offend anyone) in my life. Remember this is not downtown, this is somebodies hood i'm lost in. Wanted to meet up with SDAVER (Joe says your a top notch guy), but if i did, then i would have been doing what i didn't want to do(Detroit). Hope to be down that way this winter with the family, will hook up and compare notes.(I'll bring some Canadian beer for ya)

The drive back was awesome, cruising at 65-70mph and just hitting the throttle, no limp, no slip, no zing just 100% pure power to the pavement. Man the truck feels like its gonna take off, and passing cars like there just standing still. Definetely made a difference in my time as i made it home in 16hours, rather than 20 going down. Hooked up with somebody from Michigan and was doing 100mph most of the way, where traffic permitted from Tennesse all the way to the border in Detroit. She definetley likes the fuel when she's up past 2500rpm most of the way.

Made it home and have been busy catching up with work, thus the slow replies. The tranny shifts better than stock imho, and call me crazy, but it seems to hold 5th better now. It had a quirky shift yesterday, but after 10 wot shifts it is gone. Shifts are firm and crisp, get a bark out of 2nd 99% of the time and a little chirp o

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
great guys at suncoast.....have you ever stacked the s215 and the comp oj?Edited by: sdaver

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All true about suncoast. Ya i've stacked the 2 before the tranny mod, worked good from what i could tell, tranny hated it, in every gear. Have stacked since transplant and it works good up until 60-70kms and i get bursting issue it seems like. Pretty much does it every time, and at the same speed. Am going to change fuel filter, but it was just changed 7000kms ago, but never know. I am assuming i am out of fuel. Was gonna email king d and see if he or his brother has had this problem, or if they are running a pump. Smokes pretty good when stacked, alot more smoke than the hot juice and predator stack i was running. Some people in Destin Florida could atest for that as Monday night on the way back to the hotel room i gave her a couple of snorts and i couldn't see any headlights behind me (2lanes) wide.

I don't here any pinging when stacked or anything weird, except the bursting, when on the highway and cruising it will work if i roll into it. Edge comp seems to give it a little more bottom end grunt, but i don't really see any differnce when up to speed or higher. Am going to send the quad back for the new upgrade if it is ready. If i get to a dyno i will let you know about the #s stacked, but jess's brother buck stacked them and made some decent gains if i remember correctly. Gotta go clean that big tranny pan, man i love that tranny. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
heartbeatcanada said:
All true about suncoast. Ya i've stacked the 2 before the tranny mod, worked good from what i could tell, tranny hated it, in every gear. Have stacked since transplant and it works good up until 60-70kms and i get bursting issue it seems like. Pretty much does it every time, and at the same speed. Am going to change fuel filter, but it was just changed 7000kms ago, but never know. I am assuming i am out of fuel. Was gonna email king d and see if he or his brother has had this problem, or if they are running a pump. Smokes pretty good when stacked, alot more smoke than the hot juice and predator stack i was running. Some people in Destin Florida could atest for that as Monday night on the way back to the hotel room i gave her a couple of snorts and i couldn't see any headlights behind me (2lanes) wide.

I don't here any pinging when stacked or anything weird, except the bursting, when on the highway and cruising it will work if i roll into it. Edge comp seems to give it a little more bottom end grunt, but i don't really see any differnce when up to speed or higher. Am going to send the quad back for the new upgrade if it is ready. If i get to a dyno i will let you know about the #s stacked, but jess's brother buck stacked them and made some decent gains if i remember correctly. Gotta go clean that big tranny pan, man i love that tranny. Later Jeremy
i havent stacked the comp edge on the stealth i was hoping you had good news the comp edge and pppe reflash did work very very well together.i am goona stack the edge abd the stealth just haven doneit yet

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
ok im lost now stage 4? what does that include and are you allowed to say what you gave for it. i was dead set on going to the ats for the added gizmos. but i hear the suncoast does it all without the box, except the exhaust brake control. I got plenty of time to decide aint touching it till next fall.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chevmeister

Call Suncoast and talk to Joe, and he'll let you know everything you need to know. He definetely knows his stuff and allways called me back when i left a message, great customer relations with me atleast. I did a tonne of r&d before i chose suncoast. In fact i almost went to another company, but had heard some storie(don't know if there true or not) about them and bailed. I haven't heard anything about suncoast, but have heard some "stories" about some other companies, take them for what there worth. If you've got time, then do your r&d and see who posts positive and negative things about the different brands. I talked to alot of guys with all the different brands, 3 at the time and am very glad i chose who i did. I also talked to the brands themselves, and got feedback and how they treated me on the phone, was also a factor. Hope this helps, i know it wasn't an easy decision, especially when your talking that much money.(i also had exchange on that, ya i can't sit down yet) Later Jeremy

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Sounds impressive .....I to felt that I'm on the correct path, of a Suncoast implant .... I'm looking forward to dropping my tranny Sunday ..... I guess we'll have to compare clutches .... ;)
Did you bring them home for a souvenir ?? I'm also going to mark my TC in hopes that Joe will open up and confirm that I'm getting some slippage,as I think that I am ....

Good luck at the pulls ....

Mac :)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
heartbeatcanada

if there are any bad points to any of the trannies, this is the place. I like the toys on the ats but but like the fact you dont have to touch the suncoast. i have enough buttons and levers at work.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Heartbeat.....If you dont mind my asking what was the final price out the door.......If you cant sit down, I assume it didnt include Vaseline.....Im trying to do it the best bang for buck. My brothers friends with an Alli rebuilder that will do side work on Alli trannys. Im not knocking Suncoast, or their prices....You get what you pay for. Im just wondering how much bling

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts