Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the Suncoast Open House Video I took while down there. It has dyno runs, racing, and photos of the event.

It has mine and SDaver's runs plus a killer 7.3L PS run by David Lott and a cool TS Performance 6.0L dyno run that sounds like a F-16 on takeoff.

Racing highlights are mainly of my truck as only two diesel people showed up to run.
Highlights include Cummins kills, a TransAm Ram Air kill, a Dodge 5.7L Hemi kill and a Lightning kill.

There are tons of photos and I really enjoyed meeting everyone there. Here is the link:

http://d267292.u27.infinology.net/Download.html.html

Choose the Suncoast Open House Movie and download. Enjoy!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm sure it will be good, I'm in the process of downloading now.

Edit: That 6.0 really does sound like a jet fighter trying to take off.Edited by: Tank

·
Registered
275 Posts
Great movie BMDMAX.... enjoyed it.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Great vid. and pics. Nice runs to boot. What boost are you leaving at in 2wd??? Seems you've got it down to a science. Best kill i think was the hemi.........did he even get a sub 15 sec time
Later Jeremy

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I always have fun putting these together. The boost at launch varies every time depending on track conditions. I usually have to make two or three runs to get a feel for what the track is doing that day.

This was a new track for me and it started out pretty cold. Leaving only with a few pounds of boost I was smoking the slicks out of the hole and on the shift into second. You can even see that by the 10 second 1/8 mile pass on the video.

By the end of the day after the track had warmed up and they were using more VHT I was able to stand on the brakes and build some good boost. I had several 1.9 60' times with 6 to 8 pound boost launches. My 1.7 60' times are with a perfect track and 10+ pounds of boost at launch but that gets pretty dicey on the timing as I really can't hold the truck at the line that way for long.

The Hemi was a dog, 10 plus seconds in the 1/8th. I think he stopped running after he got whipped by my truck. He probably was on the phone to the dealer trying to figure out what was wrong with his Hemi since they can beat anything on the planet.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
BMD

Thanks for the vids!

·
Registered
464 Posts
BM,

Just had to tell you what a good video you made. Very nice job editing. Excellent runs also. I know alot of guys with Hemi's that brag about being able to kill diesels, yea right, now you got the evidence to prove it!! I know that even my 90hp juice will kill them in the 1/4.

Nice job, keep up the good work.

Jason A.

BTW, what 60' are you running, I thought I heard the announcer say 2.24?? I figure you should be around the 1.9 range with those slicks.

·
Registered
570 Posts

Cool

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
awesome brandon

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Best 60' time was 1.9 that day. I have pulled 1.7's before under perfect conditions. Any time I am under 2.0 I am happy with the 2WD.

The Hemi kill was fun but I liked waxing the Lightning even better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.