Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on Suncoasts website and they dont have any prices on there for Allison upgades anymore. "Sup wit dat"

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, didnt see that. They used to have the prices right on that 2nd page where it describes the diff. upgrade levels. Thanx.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Does anyone have them cheaper? After Trans $4695, Torque Convertor $1295, Core Charge $1400, and Shipping $200, were at a rich man only $7600

I don't want to sacrafice on quality, but does anyone offer it for a reduced price?

·
Registered
28 Posts
check out ats diesel performance. they have a sweet setup that works great.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Harleyman,

Are you saying you have an ATS? Tell us your thoughts and experiences.....and let's not forget the most improtant part.....what kind of performance upgrades you are running.

George

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Amric, you will get your 1400 back when you return your trans, unless your going to keep your stocker.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm thinking the cost of returning it would be at least $200, so I would really only get back $1200. For that price, I would probably keep it for spare parts, and I can gut it to learn more about it. I was all ready to order one today, but I was only expecting to pay $5000 plus core for everything, and now I don't think I can afford it anymore.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Okay BIG DIPPER,

I am running the complete ATS package (everything but C-1's as they were not offered when I went through my tranny. But the tranny works great. The co-pilot is the single best trans mod yet though. No more dead on your face lag between shifts. It shifts like an in-line shifter on a drag car. BAMM, BAMM, BAMM.. As for performance I am getting ready to dyno the ole dmax but as of yet have not been. Running Hot Juice with Attitude, Custom programmed Predator, AFE stage II, 4" stainless exhaust, etc. Have toyed around with twin turbos, but havent gotten it like I want it yet. Also, getting ready to install FASS on truck next week as soon as Brad gets some kits to me. Hope this helps. If not, Clint at ATS can answer any trans question you can throw at him.

·
Registered
28 Posts
mike,

i am not a forum junkie (at least not yet), but i have no idea what a troll is. can you spell it out for me. when someone asks about something i know a little something about, i simply give it my 2 cents worth. i will tell you that i know a little, but not much.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Tell us about the twin turbos and custom Predator. With all this power you will certainly kill your C1's. Now the BAM BAM BAM shifts are going to brake something. You want a shift that is Quick(that means you took all the tie-ups out of the system). BAM shifts mean something was not quite finished when something else started. Hard shifts in the Ally will cause failure. A well built Ally should shift quicker than stock, should not have any bump, shock to it, and just about shift the same under high horsepower. When you get a perfect shift, you should light up the tires and not feel much else.

mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
the bam bam bam is just my way of being excited to finally be rid of the dreaded lag time in wot shifts. that's all i'm trying to say. my teeth feel great. no jerks, shock, etc. just good, contious, non-defueling shifts. before, it would almost shut down between shifts. even with attitude set to never de-fuel. it is gone now. guess i am a little excited about finally being able to comfortably smoke the tires right on into 4th gear (bfg295's). i am still wondering what a troll is though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
A quick google reveals a zillion hits of which this is one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Troll

I especially like their advice:

"Internet trolling can usually be effectively dealt with by simply responding to the substantive issues rather than name calling."

Edited by: HDLD

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
harleyman

A troll is someone that claims he smokes oversize tires comfortably right through fourth gear in a Duramax on his 5th post. I have driven some fast Duramax trucks and not seen one yet light them up in 4th.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Now that's what I call responding to the substantive issues!

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
<H1 class=pagetitle>Internet troll</H1>
(Redirected from Internet Troll)

<A name=top></A>On the Internet, a troll is a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response without adding content to the discussion, often intentionally, merely as a ludibrium. Though technically different from flaming, which is an unmistakable direct personal attack, trolls often resort to innuendo or misdirection in the pursuit of their objective, which is to create controversy for its own sake, discredit those with whom they disagree, or sabotage discussion by creating an intimidating atmosphere.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Mike L. WROTE:

harleyman

you sound like a troll.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Harleyman wellcome

Don't worry Mike L thinks he is a TRANS-GOD????? JUST-A-

Not worth your time. Trust me been-there, done-that.
Edited by: JRmac

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
using Mike L's reasoning I must be a troll too because I can mash it in 4th gear and leave my oversize tires hunting for traction

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.