Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Level IV kit come with everything needed to build a somewhat bulletproof tranny or are there other items needed? The tranny has never been limped so would a Level III kit work just as well? Would I need other parts with it? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
You should do some searching and reading here as well as on Suncoast and ATS sites.

A Suncoast III or IV kit plus a converter will be everything you'll need besides fluid tools and a Tech II to reset some stuff. There are many install threads that go into every detail.

For Just Edge Juice power- a III should be fine.

·
Registered
458 Posts
C'mon, get real - who STOPS with an Edge Juice when stacking (and BIG power) are just a few hundred bucks away. If you're going to tear it apart to do the III you might as well spend a little more and do the IV. You'll never have to worry about the tranny again. Just my $.02.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
The Suncoast IV kit includes everything you need to hold ANY power you could possibly make out of your Dmax

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Suncoast IV kit includes everything you need to hold ANY power you could possibly make out of your Dmax
So with the Level IV there is not any need to order anything other than the kit?

I was thinking of a Quad stack when the tranny is done.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The Quad would be an excellent choice but you better do your home-work on the t.c.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
T.C.=Torque Converter? What do you mean by that? What suggestions would you make. I see you are planning a McRat TC. Have you driven one?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Hey Ben, I don't know about the Stage IV handling "all" the horsepower a dmax can make...but it should be pretty strong):h

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Also, you might want to look into ATS 5-star converter, I have heard and read great things about it. Do a search and you'll find some good info.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Brandon (BMDMAX) cranked over 800 rwhp thru one!! :D
Well his was a Suncoast V, but same difference, except Suncoast builds the V's themselves, and the IV's get built by pro wrench turners like me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
410 Posts
LT I've spoken with a few gracious people on this site and they say if your gonna put the power to your truck and really want to play the 1057-3d AKA McRat is the way to go> Some have said i'ts a little harsh on the street, others disagree, Who Knows? I'm gonna get it, if it's nasty on the street oh well even better.I'll keep the site posted on my findings.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Brandon (BMDMAX) cranked over 800 rwhp thru one!! :D
Well his was a Suncoast V, but same difference, except Suncoast builds the V's themselves, and the IV's get built by pro wrench turners like me. :rolleyes:
What kind of phone bill does a pro wrench turner like yourself rack up in a weekend of pro wrenching?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
A Suncoast III will handle any #2 only power you throw at it as well.

GMC-2002-Dmax has beaten the crap out of his SCIII @ about 500RWHP and it is holding up fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts