Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like my tranny to take in the area of 200 extra horse now and possibly another 50 later on, i was looking to spend in the 2000 dollar range, i have my truck booked in for the level two next week, but i have had it limp about 10 times now, should i be looking to replace my cpacs or will level two be enough, i was quoted a price of 2000 this week for the level two installed,they also said it will handle the power,
any comments are appreciated

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I dont know fred, your truck seems to be more powerful than most
and its so heavy.....daveEdited by: sdaver

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Fred

I dunno seeing how much heavier your truck is and the better then average yields you get from your plug-ins you better go full monty .....

If you stay within and under the 500 RWHP threshold and aren't a G-tech test co- pilot every other day with full throttle launches I'd think you may have some luck .... But I am assuming here, as I have stage V and it's pretty stout, for which I have no concerns to pour it on ....With that stage II you don't have much growing room,who knows what the future holds for plug and play ....

Spend the money ,Have Joe inspect your tranny upon disassemble for burnt clutches .... C1 and 2 will be inspected as part of the kit install, they'll be in there anyway .... C3 is only a couple min away from removal at that point .... Have him flip it over and inspect c4 while your there ....

Mac

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<DIV>i actually talked to joe this morning, and he set me up with the new level two, which is like the old level three that he never had a price for on the web, comes with all 5 clutch pacs,tts conveter, and such, but the price is a far bit higher, goes in tomorrow for it</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>as for the weight of my truck and the 1/4 mile times, i do not no what to say sdaver, i proved my weight with weight slips, also shown my times with the gtech, others have better times than mine with less weight, all i can say big guy</DIV>

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Am i missing something here? 8K weight, probably 150hp max with that stack, and you run low 14's? With a slipping trans? You do slip the trans, dont you? I am all ears. Please esplain.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
hopefully you talked to joe about his (PROLOC)convertor not tts's convertor...........but you might need a hybrid......
"as for the weight of my truck and the 1/4 mile times, i do not no what to say sdaver, i proved my weight with weight slips, also shown my times with the gtech, others have better times than mine with less weight, all i can say big guy"

Thats Mr big guy to guys with trucks over 8k gross

1 - 8 of 8 Posts