Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the phone with suncoast yesterday, I was looking at the LCT 1000, which they told me was a stage V. I really wanted a stage IV though, but he told me that the stage V was cheaper because stage IV was just the kit then with the labor to drop tranny, install kit, and reinstall tranny it would come out to the same thing, whereas the LCT 1000, is already a built tranny? Were they just trying to mess with me or is that true?

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
a stage 5 is a drop in unit(complete trans) a stage 4 is pretty much a stage 5 in kit form. Since you are in florida I would be apt to taking the truck to them and have them do the whole shooting match to what ever level you need. Save on shipping a trans or core stuff both ways too. Plus you know Joe at suncoast will do it right. Unless you were planning on doing the deal yourself to save some change?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Suncoast isn't going to lie to you. They are good kits either way, but one thing to remember even if you buy the level V your still going to pay for the R&R.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Tony, I am stationed in SC, and I'm going to drive to let Joe at Suncoast install a SC V. An afternoon in their lobby and you will drive home happy. I'll spend more time on the road then they will r&r'in my tranny, but I hear it's worth it.....

·
Registered
308 Posts
call up Mike L he'll set yah strait on 4 vs 5 and help you with the descion

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Tony, I am stationed in SC, and I'm going to drive to let Joe at Suncoast install a SC V. An afternoon in their lobby and you will drive home happy. I'll spend more time on the road then they will r&r'in my tranny, but I hear it's worth it.....
um, that would be an entire day...been there,done that, plan to go back for another one soon! :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all i want to do is stack the ppe hot+2 w/ va and maybe some spray. would u guys recommend getting the stall converter as well? I thought maybe going w/ stage III and converter and it would be a lil more than stage V but the stage V w/ converter is too much money for me, because im also doing the deep oil pan, transfer case brace, and tranny cooler, unless that stuff is not necessary i'll just go w/ stage v w/ converter.
Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
You have to have one of SC converters period. You will roast your factory TC. in no time. The stage 3 is 2150 with the TC. Not sure on a stage five but it is more than that.

·
Registered
426 Posts
around $5000 for a stage 5 I think but its a ready to go drop in

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
with that power your going to need a converter regardless. Joe is not going to give you more than you need, but two stacked programmers, and Nitrous I would definately listen to what Joe is saying. The lvl 5 is the way to go if you dont want to build it yourself. The brace isn't "REQUIRED," but definately suggested. Save your pennies and do it right.

A few extra coins now will save you a lot in the long run. This is not a smart part to go skimpy on.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
IMO the brace is required. If you run your stuff hard for long and it dosnt break you are very lucky.....JMO

·
Registered
174 Posts
so for 5000 you get a suncoast 5 andthat is with the t.c.??? i am kind of looking and wondered about that

·
Registered
636 Posts
So if I'm understanding this right the suncoast IV and V are the same, other than the fact that the IV is a kit and the V is a complete trans? The strengh of the two are the same?

Sorry to ask if this is the wrong place.....

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
If built right, they should be the same. The V comes with SC's build experience and more of a warranty I think. Comes at a price premium and core charge hassle though.

·
Registered
825 Posts
If built right, they should be the same. The V comes with SC's build experience and more of a warranty I think. Comes at a price premium and core charge hassle though.
Well put. It will also cost more to have it shipped to you, and to ship your old tranny back. The advantage is, you have them worry about building the tranny, not some random tranny shop. The other good thing is that all you have to do (or your shop for that matter) is swap out trannies and get a TC. No ripping apart the tranny! :cool:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Mine is here now, and we are installing tomorrow. It was the best way for me. Stage V and all I have to do is instal. I like that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I just got my tranny and TC. They are installing it today - this weekend. Hope to get it back next week. :)

Only one thing left to do. Get the service brake light to go way.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Nice lookin front end there.

What trans did you choose?

·
Registered
304 Posts
GM1004-4x

Triple disk Converter

1 - 20 of 23 Posts