Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my day in the SUNcoast is almost here!!!!! I will be picking up my truck from a fellow member (goodrnch) who did the install this friday or saturday with a new stage III.

I have to give a huge thanks to Kelly (goodrnch) for working with me on this as a few things came up and we had to set the date back a few weeks, he was very understanding and worked with me to get the truck done when I was able to. He will be getting recommendation in the future that is for sure.

I will be stacking the predator on top of a "cold" juice and can't wait till I get the new tranny brokin so I can really see what this truck can do.

I can thank this site and all you guys as I would never have been able to spend the money on this tranny without reading for hours and hours on this forum. Well I guess it is all your guys fault as I would have been happy with just the edge until I found this site...... :muahaha:

Only a few more days I CAN'T WAIT.....:rocking:

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
And yet another victim of the slippery slope:cool: Congrats on the upgrade....your gonna love it:ro)

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
You'll enjoy the new found power.

The people that really enjoy this mod are those that have driven with some big power ,limped their transmission then upgraded.

It's like you turned the wick WAY up when the power gets to the ground.

Have a blast!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Sounds awesome, I can't wait 'til this Spring when I can make it up to see Eric.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Matt, It's a runner!! I just finished it about 9:00 tonight. Now for the fun part of trying to get this thing to relearn how WE want it to run. Give me a call when you know when you are going to come and get it. Talk to you later. Kelly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OH BOY!!! Looks like i will be able to come down tomorrow afternoon and pick her up. I have to work till about 2 or 3 and then I will be on my way down.

Thanks again and I am really looking foward to tomorrow that is for sure. :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Good luck sleeping tonight.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Congrads on the tranny!!! I know first hand what it feels like to finally have it done and WORKING, and man is it a great feeling! You'll LOVE it. Just go easy for 500 miles or so...

--Ben

·
Registered
272 Posts
if you mind me asking, what did it cost you and when are they going to have one for the new LBZ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am pretty sure that there is a Stage III kit in the works (if not already out) for the LBZ infact Mike L installed one just a little while ago IIRC. As for price It will vary with builder bit 3000-3500 is a good estimate with fluid. Mine looks like it will be right around 3200 out the door with the deep pan and all shipping charges.

ONLY 1 MORE DAY!!!!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
thanks and have fun with the new toy!!!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
you can get SCIII or IV right know

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I got her back and it is awsome! I can totally tell the difference in the holding power that the new kit has. The torque convertor stays locked longer during excelleration and seems to transfer the power a lot more consistant and stronger during unlocked driving. To say the least I am very pleased with the outcome and can't wait to stack the predator and let the tranny do it's job.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Please post your stacking results....................I am going the same route............Suncoast III , Predator and probably a Van Aaken to start with(may go to the PPE/VA stack later) !

I am real interested in some more opinions on stacks with a Predator ! Can't wait to get my trans. done !!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
can the SC III hold all that?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well my results will be different that yours as you have a LLY and I have a LB7. The guy that did my tranny had a predator stacked with the edge and he seemed to like it but he got rid of his truck before he did my tranny so I never go to ride in it. As for the Stage III holding I would say that yes it will hold just fine. There are plenty of trucks running way more that the predator edge stack and it is holding just fine. Kelly's (did my tranny) son had a 02 LB7 with the quad edge stack and a stage III and never had a problem with it so I think I will be safe. We will see in a few weeks as I am still getting the TCM to learn what to do with the new mods. It is going well be the 3-4 shift with your foot in it is still pretty rough but getting better the more i drive it.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
ok just curious.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey rockymtnmax

Did you have your tranny done in SLC?

I need mine done soon and I'm looking for someone locally to do it.

If you wouldn't mind letting me know who you had do it I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
can the SC III hold all that?
My SC-III holds almost 500HP daily and over 1000 LBS/TQ.

The SC-III will definately get it to the ground.......

I have 37K hard miles on mine and it has never skipped a beat.

I also have in excess of 125 Hi-Boost Launshed 1/4 mile passes on it as well.........:cool:

T:D NY

1 - 20 of 26 Posts