Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The allison has just had some more plating added to its armor thanks to Joe Webb at Suncoast. According to Joe these changes should eliminate the c1 problem experienced in some high horsepower and torque applications(mac are you listening)

Here are the specs and photos of their new
C-1 clutch 3 pc billet piston and single side clutch pack, and the C-2 single side clutch pack.
Specs:
C-1 OEM, 6 double side frictions @ 8.60"sg =12x8.60=103.2"sg friction area.
C-1 SUN COAST/ALTO 16 single side friction @ 11.03"sg=176.48 friction area
C-1 apply piston: OEM 18"sg
SUN COAST 27" sg
256% increase in capacity

C-2 OEM 6 double side friction @ 12.26=
12x12.26=147.12"sg clutch area
C-2 SUN COAST/ALTO
16 single side @ 15.39"sg =246.24"sg
60% increase

c1 piston

c1 piston and clutches

alto and allison clutches

Needless to say c1 is no longer the weak link......dave

Edited by: sdaver

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Looks nice on purple satin...... your sheets dave?

Lookin good. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I spoke with Joe this morning, the upgrades are significant to the point that he called it Stage V. It sounds like the Quad/Juice stack has been a little hard on the Stage IV.

I wouldn't even be intersted if I had't gone to the dyno on Saturday. What is Mac says about Dmax being a drug?

2DAMAX

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Suncoast has done a excellant job so far and I have my full confidence that regardless what us animals do to the Allison they will figure it out with the proper corrective measures .... They have done an exceptional job with the oringinal problems of blowing thru the converter and OD holding capacity ... Only the extreme kooks such as myself would or could find a weakness with C1 IMO ...

Thanks Joe for your over and above customer relations and tech support .... Customer service gets no better ......

Suncoast is the right decision for a Tranny and Torque Converter upgrade ...

Mac

Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I'll second that Mac. They are a top shelf organization. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
360 Posts
Mackin said:
Suncoast has done a excellant job so far and I have my full confidence that regardless what us animals do to the Allison they will figure it out with the proper corrective measures .... They have done an exceptional job with the oringinal problems of blowing thru the converter and OD holding capacity ... Only the extreme kooks such as myself would or could find a weakness with C1 IMO ...

Thanks Joe for your over and above customer relations and tech support .... Customer service gets no better ......

Suncoast is the right decision for a Tranny and Torque Converter upgrade ...

Mac

I second the praise for SunCoast. This is the product sold at Garmon's Diesel and has been for many many years. The tranny in the Dakota was SunCoast and the converter was almost 5 years old and had been in 4 different trucks. Never a problem. Joe is great to deal with too. Always willing to listen and resolve problem areas. Guys, you wouldn't believe what he did to test the C1 solution but let's just say his poor Duramax.
But again that is what Joe is willing to do to give everyone a great product.

·
Registered
494 Posts
So is the stage V a free upgrade for the people with stage IV already.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
how many trucks with a suncoast have burnt up C1?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Whats a C1 ??

How do you burn up a C1 ??

Free upgrade ??

Woo is me !!!!!!

Mac

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not mine......mikeEdited by: sdaver

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
sdaver said:
not mine......mike
I'm hoping to have the new improved rotating assembly by w/o 17 th installed .... Who's going to be the first,or has one been out already ??

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
704 Posts
So now that the new C1 clutch and billet piston have been out for a while, who has it? I talked to Suncoast, and they said it required machine work to install, so they could only do the install in house.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Mackin,

Did you buy a complete Stage 5, or did you have a stage IV upgraded? If you had a stage IV upgraded, did you have to send it back to them so they could do the changes, or did they just send you the new parts?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Amric

I had the stage 4 and is now upgraded to a stage 5. Joe sent the parts and my tranny guys installed it. Works great and truck seems to be quicker. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Sounds awesome. Right after everyone upgrades and that last quart of ATF gets poured in Stage VI will be released.

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
I don't recomend this upgrade to be insatalled by a novice. I don't think Joe Webb want's this in the wrong hands. There might be clearance issues, there might be machining involved with pressure plate and if some poor tech makes a mistake, it will be big and costly.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

1 - 18 of 18 Posts