Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my suncoast 3 put in to try to solve the torque convertor problems of the stock one but i don't know if it helped. i am hoping this all part of the break in processes but i want to see what yall think. i will be going about 60 5th gear locked, and i go to roll into it to pass someone and it starts jumping just like the stock one did when it was slipping. another thing is ill be cruising with the cruise on and all of a sudden it will jump like it goes in and out of lock-up real quick. it has only done the jump 3 times on me now but the jumping it does it just about everytime. so im just hoping its all in the break in process. it has about 400 miles on the new tranny. thanks

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Did you reset the TAPs after it was installed?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you could explain the TAPS, i might can answer that question.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Well the deal if you wood it and it downshifts and unlocks the converter and your truck revs up to like 3k and makes a lot of noise but dosnt really go anyware till it upshifts and locks the converter is a normal(albiet sucky) part of the trans computers way of dealing with things(if that sounds like what you are experienceing). The unlocking randomly for no reason dosnt sound good though. Sounds like you have other issues. A sterady state cruise and it locking and unlocking wont be effected by the TAPS or any of the computers(the TCM's) learning. You sure its locking and unlocking or is the motor cutting power or otherwise hiccuping or is the cruise control doing funky things?

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
First thing I would do is take all power programing off and try it. If no change, then hook up a Tech 2 and take some snap shots of the converter clutch info and see if your tech sees something.
mike

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had west texas turbo diesel in san angelo, tx put it in. i couldn't tackle that job. and he said something about taking it to be put on tech 2 but if he did i couldn't tell you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts