Diesel Place banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
4x4man said:
jesshd-

Too bad you can't make it to the dyno day this Saturday, would be happy to show it off. If anyone else wants to listen to it or a ride, come on down to the dyno day in Denver I will be happy to show it off.

Bob

I am a new member to this site and bought my toy 3 months ago. What is a dyno day and where/when is the next one in Denver? I would like to hook up to other local dieselmaniacs esp with 4x4s!!!

Thanks.

Edited by: Deadeye

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Kartattack-

Sorry for the late reply, didn't see this.
About my 4" Summit System. It held up great for the time I had it on the truck. Yeah, I goofed, it was just too darn loud for me.. at around 2,000rpms and up it was just too loud for me, not to mention acceleration, and I feared what it would sound like under load pulling our 10,000lb 5er. It was definitly much louder than stock, but kept trying to tell myself it wasn't that bad and I would get used to it. My ears would clog up on half hour trips as well. I had thoughts about dynomating the inside of the truck, but would cost more than a couple of mufflers. I decided that I would put the stock system back on, as I didn't cut it, and do some research on mufflers and maybe be able to put it back on in the Spring if I could find a quiet one. If not oh well, lesson learned, at least I was only out $300. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I guess some like the noise, some don't. It sure did sound good on WOT runs, but wasn't practical for the long highway commute to work...

Bob

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Deadeye,

Welcome to the site!! The dyno day was an event in Denver where they put the trucks on a dyno to measure hp and torque at the wheels. It was a Ford and Dodge event, but they let us come out and play anyway. Not sure when the next one is though....I'd have to check out the powerstroke club site.

Bob

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
4X4man-

Get the 18" tip and adjust it to end past the body of the truck. Mine was killing me the first day too. I looked at some pics of an ATS system I took. I noticed the tips stuck out, so I moved mine out and it made a huge difference. Give it shot. You could stick one of those extra pieces on there to try it out before buying a tip...

Ox

·
Registered
646 Posts
4X4Man:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm in my truck for a 1000+ mile road trip every month. Consequently, I don't want an exhaust that is too loud. The stock exhaust 'note' is nearly non-existent to my ears at 70-75 MPH. I'd like some noise, but don't want it too obtrusive.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Are you selling the system 4X4? I would like to try it on my truck. Wanna swap for the dynomax?

Jess

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ox-

Thanks for the info, I should have tried that when you mentioned it to me before... I'll give it a try in the Spring when I put it back on.

Jess-

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet on this system. But I'll let you know what I do with it in the Spring. I have to have a pipe "repaired" as I couldn't break the joint loose and had to cut it. At least I marked it so I know how the cut piece needs to be welded back on to the pipe.

Bob

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.