Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all was wondering about the Summit 5 in exhaust w/ the 6in tip...anyone have this? if so where did you get it and how much? I know it makes the turbo whistle but do you hear much difference in the cab...I like the quiet motor but would like more sound in the rear......any thoughts?
I seen someone on here that bought it but cannot find the post now.....

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have it witha 6' tip and like it. I got it from summit I don't remember the price though. Depending on where you live you might want the stainless. I really like the sound of it when you hammer down. Sounds like a v8.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Called Summit

Well I called Summit and they said they didnt make a 5" w/ a 6" tip.....Said Bullydog will have 1 out in about a month...if some of you have them where did ya get it????:help:

Maybe the guy at summit didnt know whata he was talking about.
anybody have a part number for my truck?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
summit only has the 5 in exhaust, the guys here have added the 6 in tip

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got ya

I guess the guy didnt have any idea what he was talking about then.....he said they did have ANY exhaust for the new 06 Duramax models.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I's just get a 01 up exhaust that way you get a new front pipe and can ditch the cat. As far as a 6 in tip, check out a chrome shop for trucks, damaged stacks are cheap. If you get a 6 stack that is reduced to 5 you can cut it to length and then you are in bussiness.

·
Registered
808 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts