Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, new to the forum. I've been reading the posts for awhile and have some questions. I would like to hear from anyone who has the aluminized steel exhaust system from Summit.

I have a 2003 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 short bed Duramax/Allison. I am running a Predator tuner. We tow a K-Z 5th wheel toy hauler with Harley's in the back. I am concerned with fit and how loud the system is. And also exhaust temperatures. This system is the cheapest complete system I have found but am concerned with the quality and fit. I don't want anything that is real loud. I would like a response from any of you who have this system .

I'd appreciate any input on your experience with this.

Thanks, Allyn Edited by: turboharley

·
Registered
611 Posts
I think BlueOx03 has one.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
The system is so inexpensive I figured it was to good to be true. I wish there was a proven low dollar system other than the infamous straight pipe. Went with the Banks just to be on the safe side. Good system, good sound, little pricey. I have bought tons of stuff from Summit. If you don't like it or need to change mufflers they will work with you. Great customer service. Have been using there no name torque wrench for years and it still works perfect. Also have been using there no name timing light for years, it still works perfect. I almost think they are made from big name companys just with out the fancy stickers. Good luck and let us know how the system fits and sounds. Unless you have a lift, cut that stock exaust behind the muffler for easy removal.

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Believe it or not, it is a pretty good system. I'v had mine on for almost six months and it's been good so far. It sure beets the crap out of stock and isn't as obnoxious as the straight pipe. It went on easy and once I got the tip set up right, it wasn't too loud inside. The only thing that I think could be better is the hangars, they're a little smaller than stock, of coarse without the giant muffler it weighs a lot less. I'll let you guys know if I ever have a problem with mine...

Ox

·
Registered
91 Posts
It is the same system that Jegs and JC Whitney sells. I have run alot of Summit parts on my cars. I know the crew chief of the Summit Cougar (pro mod?), and he said most of the summit stuff is made by a big name company, but with either no name, or Summit stamped on it. Sometimes cool is cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts