Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Search of the forum turned up nothing. These were highly recommended by the local Off-Road Shop to help resolve the road vibration on my 2007 Silverado Classic 4WD CCSB LBZ. Anyone ever hear of these. Website is under the first word, Sulastic.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard these were similar to the old Velvet Rides. Decided to give em' a try. Installing this Saturday, the 18th.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hello, Let us know how the install goes, and if the ride quality is improved, also have your camera along so we can see too...Thanks,
Sir-Col

·
Registered
450 Posts
Interested in the results as well.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
so these shackle looking things is a spring loaded shackle? so when the leaf travels so does this "shackle". seems to make sense. im also interested in how this performs as my the rear of my truck seems like to like bounce.

**edit: wow 300+ bucks?! damn ....still interested to see how they ride.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Did anyone notice that they are so confident in their system that they warrantee them for a full year! Wow, that’s confidence. I also watched the video which didn't show any real vehicles, just two cute fictional animated cars. According to the video they were both leaf sprung. They should have expressed that fact to the animator because they kept showing coils on the Willy's. I would like to thank Marblejunkie for being the guinea pig on this product, but I'm quite skeptical. I hope you can return them if they aren't as advertised or that they are inexpensive. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Duratime;1944275; said:
Did anyone notice that they are so confident in their system that they warrantee them for a full year! Wow, that’s confidence. I also watched the video which didn't show any real vehicles, just two cute fictional animated cars. According to the video they were both leaf sprung. They should have expressed that fact to the animator because they kept showing coils on the Willy's. I would like to thank Marblejunkie for being the guinea pig on this product, but I'm quite skeptical. I hope you can return them if they aren't as advertised or that they are inexpensive. Good Luck

i was also annoyed from that video. wtf is it good for? its like using the disney movie "Cars" to demonstrate your company makes hi performance parts ... stupid. i was hoping to see some real trucks or cars. i guess we'll see when marble gets his stuff on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I thought the video was kindof cheesy myself but I am going on the word of the tech who sold them to me at the Off-Road Shop. The second video on the site actually shows the real spring in action and it made sense to me. I'll let you guys know after my wife drives it, the "acid test" so to speak.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Smoother Ride

Well here it is in her own words quote: "The aftershocks are gone and my body don't jiggle no more! The ride is 50% better than what it was, it's not my old Suburban, but we'll keep the truck" ,unquote. The receiver hitch had to be lowered to remove the shackle bolts, and the torsion bars were adjusted up 1/4". The front is +1" higher and the rear is +5/8" higher. At the suggestion of the installation tech I changed the tire air pressure while riding empty in the front from 55# to 65# and in the rear from 65# to 55#. The engine is where all the weight is and the bed is empty, it was visible in the tire sidewalls as he pointed out to me. Back up to 80# when towing. I drove the truck and was quite surprised at the big difference, especially after reading on the forum about all the big bucks spent on shocks and other suspension type items. I was skeptical to say the least, but now I am sold! Here is a link to the installation pics, read the inital comment for more information when you get there. Monty

http://www.esnips.com/web/SulasticRubberSpring

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Interesting...so does the rear ride as smooth as the front now or does it still occasionally hop?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Thanks for the info. I guess I will be looking into a set.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Woody Woodpecker Flew the Coop

Went for a ride today on the road the local mechanics use to test for squeaks and suspension issues. The truck rides more like a 1/2 ton than a 3/4 ton. The staccato hopping is gone and I can talk on my cell phone without sounding like Woody Woodpecker. Rather than jarring jolts on the rough road it was more like wavy porpoising for lack of a better explanation. There is a section of the local HWY 99 freeway where the joints have been repaired numerous times in the truckers lane and provide a really good example of the clappity-clappity-clappity Woody syndrome. My DW took this road today and said the uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh has disappeared and the ride there has improved dramatically. We have only had the springs on for a few days now, but are very pleased with the results. I want to thank Dan at California Off Road, Inc. in Modesto, CA for recommending these springs over all of the other possible options at his disposal. It was the best choice in our case and at this point I feel comfortable enough to recommend them myself.:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
So they raised the rear? I guess that they are different than the old velvet rides then, b/c I thought they actually lowered the rear some....

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks for the update, and the slideshow too. Let us know in a week or so after you driven a bit....then we may have to cut loose and get a pair.
Thanks again
Sir-Col

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One Week Later

Update:
The springs are doing what they claim to do. I pumped up the air in my tires front and back (80#)to tow my TT home after some dealer warranty work. The trip was about 30 miles and I as presumed, the ride was fine because of the heavy tongue weight. What I did notice was after unhitching and going for a ride to grocery shop was that the additional air in the tires made the ride considerably rougher. So the best pressure for us to obtain a smooth ride is 65#F and 55#R. These springs are fine if you run empty most of the time, they would be less valuable if towing or carrying a load most of the time. Overall the DW is happy with the ride, and that is what this was all about in the first place.:D

·
Registered
450 Posts
Everything still working out with the springs?

1 - 20 of 186 Posts