Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a splel checker ... Hows about you return to your post after posting .....

If possible .....

Mac
I like this guy ...

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
do you mean return to your post instead of the top of the thread????

Did you lose your dictionary?? i know i did... i'll see what i can do... i guess ***** the bad words isn't good enough?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Is it possible to be able to be taken to the first unread post in a thread?? Maybe it is here and I missed it. Sometimes when threads get long, I am not sure what I have already read and what are the new posts. I have been spoiled by that feature on other boards!!

Bob

·
Registered
212 Posts
I second the splel Checker. Diesel Power, you ask about the dictionary, well I'll tell you the same thing I told my teacher, many,many years ago. If I don't know how to spell it, how am I going to find it in the dictionary.
I'm the worlds worse speller, but if it can't be done, these guys will just have to quess what I am trying to say. This site is going to ROCK, Nick thank you for all your hard work putting this together, and FREE ON TOP OF THAT!!!!!!!

Ron

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey, DP, thanks. I meant move my first post. I should have edited it instead of posting two..... Anyway....

How about if we had a section in the forums where new members/people being referred can go and post and get the proper welcome. The Avalanche site has this (www.chevyavalancefanclub.com) and I think it works pretty well. I know that now that I am an actual member of a Dmax site, I will be leaving notes on any DMax I see parked. This way these members will be brought right into the spotlight. Just a thought....
Edited by: bowtiebob

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
bob,

what would you call the "new members forum"? just that?

·
Registered
170 Posts
DP, not sure what to call the "new members forum". At a quarter til one on a WSU Wednsday night, I can't think real creatively. Over at the Avalanche site they do this because so many people hand out brochures about the site. I know I will refer alot of people here, but not sure about others. Maybe we don't really need a section like this.

Just want to mention that since I registered this afternoon, there has been 29 new people register after me. That is truly amazing.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Yes the climbing membership numbers amaze me too. I just hope everyone enjoys what they find here and decides to become a part of this... it is off to a GREAT START though!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Nick,

thanks for the invite, great site with features galore. One small bit of info i liked was a little more optional granularity as to where people are from. a city or state as an identifier would be nice. maybe i did not look close enough as I am still figuring everything out.

Ski

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have to agree with Ski. It makes it nice to know who might be close by to show mods or all around help.
Great for inviting for gatherings. JM $.02

scott

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hello fellow DMaxers

I think the "location" thing at registration could be improved. All you can enter is a country from a predetermined list. I think it looks rather silly to look at all our posts and see that all of us are located in "United States". It would be better if we could provide a State, or a City and State.

Other than that, THIS SITE ROCKS!!!

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Spell checker is in next version whenever that comes out..

you can now select the state you are from too. if you tell me the city, i'll add it to the list of choices..

any more requests?

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
i have added the "go to first unread post" in the topic view... not sure if it works right but i think it does..

·
Registered
868 Posts
Wow, fast response to suggestion. Thanks Nick!!

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
no problem.. if i ever find the time to learn more about ASP i'll really do some tweaking on it..

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Diesel Power said:
no problem.. if i ever find the time to learn more about ASP i'll really do some tweaking on it..

I hope when I turn my PC on it actually boots up

What's a ASP.........Oh never mind

Thanks Nick.

GMC ... a.k.a. Tony

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
How bout a way to customize how many post is diplayed per page? And a better way of going to the next page, like maybe having all the numbers listed side by side. Like this page 1,2,3,4 last page, and next,then all youdo is just click on the next button or one of the numbers.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Diesel Power said:
Spell checker is in next version whenever that comes out..

you can now select the state you are from too. if you tell me the city, i'll add it to the list of choices..

any more requests?

Is the state choice only for new registrations? I went into the profile section to update mine to include the state, and I could not find a state section. BTW, if you are adding cities, how about Colorado Springs! Thanks, and to echo many others, this site if fantastic! Thanks so much for you hard work!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.