Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck has about 104000 mile on it and this morning I notice a large increase in power delivery. Not sure if I should be worried about this sudden change, or just be happy about it. Is it possible the fuel preasure regulator is going bad? By the way the truck has no fuel managment devices connected.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is it blowing black smoke out of the pipe, which would indicate excess fuel. Also fill out your signature and tell us what kind of truck you have. Look at my sig

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in central Colorado, and the air temp has been around 20 deg. for the last few weeks. By the way I have an 03 LB7 w/ Allison.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I dont know that there is an issue with the sense of increased power. One for sure way to tell is if there is more black smoke coming out of the pipe. But if the smoke is at stock levels (almost none), then she must just be runnin like never before!

·
Registered
834 Posts
OK. Maybe is the cold dense air then.

Just so ya know, under User CP you can go and update your signature so you dont have to tell people reading your posts with questions what year truck or what you have done to it etc etc :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This worries me!!!!! Has anyone heard of a wastegate failure resulting in excessive pressure build?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe it would help if I described the amount of extra power. Burned the tires through a 6 lane intersection, transmision shifted up through 3 gear. It has never done that before!

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
your foot must gotten havier:D

·
Registered
834 Posts
porterc5;1560066; said:
Maybe it would help if I described the amount of extra power. Burned the tires through a 6 lane intersection, transmision shifted up through 3 gear. It has never done that before!

God bless on Dmax power, baby! Thats what I say. :p:

·
Registered
141 Posts
porterc5;1560066; said:
ya know i got the same prob on 15psi in my tires i was spinging at 55 droping to 4th running stage 4 on the edge with no muffler back on my 4"

·
Registered
842 Posts
its about to break.... or thaqts what hppens in each of my cars. htey only run well just about 10seconds befor something not cheap breaks!.... ahah..... iv noticed that since its been cold in CO my milage has gone down a tad and once its warmed up runs a bit better than normal. i chock it up to cold dense air.

·
Registered
146 Posts
clancutters;1560014; said:
Is it blowing black smoke out of the pipe, which would indicate excess fuel. Also fill out your signature and tell us what kind of truck you have. Look at my sig
My truck is blowing excess black smoke and is hitting higher boost levels than ever before. It also takes longer to start.

·
Registered
162 Posts
youre a lucky man!!!! maybe......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I figured out the problem. The differnce lies in the transmision TC. Lock up is happening sooner. The learn mode was reactivated earlier this month.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
clancutters;1560040; said:
....then she must just be runnin like never before!
six days on the road, and i'm a'gonna make it home tonight :driver:

Dave Dudley anyone?

·
Registered
253 Posts
porterc5;1561573; said:
I figured out the problem. The differnce lies in the transmision TC. Lock up is happening sooner. The learn mode was reactivated earlier this month.
I don't know how that would affect it that much? 1st gear still only has the amount of torqe applied to it by the engine? Those with much more knowledge then me may respond but my stock 03 has never smoked the tires across 6 lanes... come to think of it I have never smoked the tires,, actually, I never tried. To much $$ tied up in it. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.