Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question for anyone with the subthump under seat box in a crew cab. Did any of you have a problem getting the rear passenger side seat to latch down again with the box installed? I just can't seem to get it to latch. I even pulled out the jack and the bracket it bolts to, still no luck. The driver's side works fine though. :confused: Its gotta be close to latching, I can hear the metal latch hitting the bar it grabs, but it just won't catch.

If all else fails.. I'll have to find a "large" person to sit on the seat and drive down a bumpy road ):h

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
It may not be aligned correctly...try pushing the seat rearward as you push it down.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Mine was like that for a little while. After a couple of good slams it started catching just fine.:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry I cant help. I am thinking of buying the same box. Let us know when you figure it out.What other audio equiptment do you have along with the subthump. What subs did you install in the box. How would you say it sounds. Thanks for the info.
Steve

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
no problem here , it was a little snug at first but just push it down ,and let the under seat material stretch out , (that's whats stopping ya)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I was wondering if that material had to stretch or not.. Well, someone will be sitting in that seat for at least 4 hours this coming weekend, so if pushing it back doesn't work hopefully that'll stretch the material enough to get it down!

Sorry I cant help. I am thinking of buying the same box. Let us know when you figure it out.What other audio equiptment do you have along with the subthump. What subs did you install in the box. How would you say it sounds. Thanks for the info.
Steve
I've got an alpine head unit and amp, and kenwood speakers in the doors and 2 10" kenwood subs.. the alpine stuff I had used in my last truck but I really wasn't impressed by their speakers at all.. I used kenwood speakers in a car I had a few years ago and I really liked them so I went back to Kenwood and they sound great! I was a little leery about the box not having enough volume since the subs called for a minimum .65 or .7 cubic feet and the box is only .55, but they're working really good so far! Plenty loud and no distortion at all even when I turn it up all the way. And I've still got my storage bin behind the rear seat to hold all my junk. :)

One other thing I did notice was that the rear seats are a little firmer with the box under them.. probably because you're sitting right on the plywood box. But I'll never be sitting back there so its all good :D

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
yea i would try sitting it the seat i had to do that to mine the first time or two to get it to catch.

·
Registered
146 Posts
no problems here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts