Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subaru is the cheapest, Ford, well I am not to happy with them, Audi ?? kinda outa my price range... Volvo S40 AWD T5... ANYBODY have one?

I am wanting a 4wd car.... but maybe not.....???

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
I like Volvos.......Ide bet the T5 in the small S40 is a bullet.

Audi A4? Nothing a VW Passat wont do for 10k cheaper.......

Ford? Why in the world would you go there? That car is a bloated Tarus. No character there.

Legacy aint bad if you get one with the hair dryer......they are quick.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I had a S40 but not the new T-5. The new T-5 are freakin crazy. They are quick for a volvo...P.S. Ford owns Volvo. I would probably never get another one, my check engline light was always on and it would de-boost (limp home mode) is what the stealer called it. They replaced the O2 sensor a billion times and it would work for about 5 weeks and start doing it again. If you can get an audi, thats where i would go, but if not, Turbo legacy for sure.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Probably vote for the Subaru they tend to last the longest and most people I know that have them really like them.

Audi's are crap after 50k, not only will I not own one, I refuse to work on my friends A4 since it so "over" engineered. Flat out poor design for long term use.

Volvo is hit or miss.

Ford's fine but that's my opinion never really had too many problems with my Taurus.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
The A4 and S40 were on our short list when we looked for my wife in '05.

Ended up with an Acura TSX as we thought it "won" the value and style battle and was the easiest to buy (3 decisions - auto/stick, Nav/No Nav, color, that's it).

Not AWD, but gets around okay. (We are getting a dedicated set of Nokians for it for next winter however....)

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
If fun factor is not the name of the game, as well as the 4wd/AWD. I would look at Hyundai. Bang for the buck, they are hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
db9938;1621079; said:
I would look at Hyundai. Bang for the buck, they are hard to beat.
:funnypost

·
Registered
458 Posts
Subaru Legacy GT - best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Audi's break all the time and are extremly expensive to fix and buy. The fords seem like a tight little car. volvo is like stated above hit or miss and i've seen some had some damn nice ones. subaru's i love to work on but don't want to be in an accident in, there cheap. If I were you I would look at a honda or acura even though i dont like rice burners from the ones i've worked on they arn't bad cars. My 2 cents

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.