Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
We were on our way there to test out my buddies "SuperMax", but we ran into complicatons and never made it. :mad:

·
Registered
480 Posts
I was there. Had a few setbacks but still got fourth.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I know of a few gasser guys that went.

From what I heard there were quite a few broken trucks in the gasser classes.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Heres a post from our thread in the INDP club thread for all you non-members. I also broke the G80 as well as the other parts listed.

OK guys bear with me. Its my turn to pull. I back up to the sled, stop to put it in 4lo, The button light just flashes and it wont go into 4lo. I try for about a minute with no luck so I pull off the track. Lately ive been having trouble with my nsbu switch so i start messing with it. take the plugs loose and plug them back in and BAM! it goes in 4lo. Now keep in mind the full pull mark is 186'. I hook to the sled build some heat in my Danville/Garret charger, let her go and it hardly does anything:eek:! It hits third gear at 100' and it finally takes off. Wind up going 185.32'. Turns out I forgot to set my programer for no defuel on shifts so it was defueling till 100'. Ok i talk the officials into letting me do an exhibition hook right before the pulloff before they changed the sled. I set it for no defuel on shifts and went 187.44', full pull. In the process I broke both traction bars and tweaked the rear differential. Got 4th with my first hook but I know I could have had at least third if everything would have cooperated. Sorry for such a long post.

p.s.- Mark, awesome freaking turbo!

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah the dodge won but i heard he had alot a crap done to that truck. he is outta missouri and came to a small town pull to beat everybody

·
Registered
480 Posts
Blocks were allowed. The grey 07 Dodge won.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Heres a post from our thread in the INDP club thread for all you non-members. I also broke the G80 as well as the other parts listed.

OK guys bear with me. Its my turn to pull. I back up to the sled, stop to put it in 4lo, The button light just flashes and it wont go into 4lo. I try for about a minute with no luck so I pull off the track. Lately ive been having trouble with my nsbu switch so i start messing with it. take the plugs loose and plug them back in and BAM! it goes in 4lo. Now keep in mind the full pull mark is 186'. I hook to the sled build some heat in my Danville/Garret charger, let her go and it hardly does anything:eek:! It hits third gear at 100' and it finally takes off. Wind up going 185.32'. Turns out I forgot to set my programer for no defuel on shifts so it was defueling till 100'. Ok i talk the officials into letting me do an exhibition hook right before the pulloff before they changed the sled. I set it for no defuel on shifts and went 187.44', full pull. In the process I broke both traction bars and tweaked the rear differential. Got 4th with my first hook but I know I could have had at least third if everything would have cooperated. Sorry for such a long post.

p.s.- Mark, awesome freaking turbo!
You are welcome on the charger! You are going to have alot of fun this summer pulling and congrats agian Kyle!

·
Registered
410 Posts
yeah the dodge won but i heard he had alot a crap done to that truck. he is outta missouri and came to a small town pull to beat everybody
well thats the way it goes in the sport of sled pulling. whoever has the most powerful and built truck wins, it doesnt matter what brand it is. what is the difference in someone driving from michigan to Indiana to try and beat everyone? there is none

·
Registered
480 Posts
whos' the white lmm set up like dale calendars? i see it's running better than last fall.
His name is Nick Boltie I think. He farms with Calendar and had the wheels off Calendars truck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ya'll are killing me !!! All this talk about the pulls, and my truck is not back together yet. We are really trying to be ready for TS. then maybe i can jump in there with ya'll. this sitting here on the couch reading about all the fun ya'll are having, well its getting old, I may have to start pulling my black LMM if we don't get up and running soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts