Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wanting to know if there are back lights in the control box - mine doesnt work had it for a few months and i wasnt ever sure if there were lights -- and if there are can they be replaced with out changing the controller out thank you

·
Registered
265 Posts
There are lights, and the answer to your second question is yes and no. They can be replaced, but I don't remember off the top of my head if they have little sockets, or if they're soldered in. Even if they are soldered in, it might be worthwhile to do this if the controller is working properly, b/c even from www.rockauto.com its a pricey part... If this is it, its $107.00 http://www.rockauto.com/ref/ACDelco/Detail.html?15-72267.jpg

-Chris

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the same problem with my 94. No lights in the Heater/AC buttons. I took mine completely out last week and seperated the housing. There are 3 total lights that are encased in a very very small plastic socket. These can be replaced easily with a quarter turn to remove and replace. Am guessing though that these might be a dealer item. I have not had time to see if my local auto parts store carries them. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts