Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any solution? This is the nictane installed one, so under left rear well. I've replaced this 4 times without problems and now I've expended considerable elbow grease without it budging. I'm using the strap filter wrench. Thanks

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
Odd, do ya think some kind off penetrating oil on the threads? I don't have one but you could go to the 'Nicktane Filter Questions' thread and ask.

·
Registered
206 Posts
for my first OEM Fuel filter i had to get some of those filter plyers that have teeth dang thing was on there tight. I think Auto Zone had them pretty cheap they work like a charm. of course you dont want to use to much force and strip or break the filter threads off

·
LT. Dan
6,817 Posts
stab a screw driver threw it and use that as leverage. we used to have to do that at the lube shop from time to time when filters would not come off

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally got it after constant pressure....The gasket tore loose and stuck to the filter housing, I know I had greased it too when I installed it. Well I put some WD40 on it and let it set and also loosened the screw at the primary fuel filter, though I doubt there is enough neg pressure to affect the removal of the filter but figured I'd try something. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
When the strap wrench starts slipping, I grab a 5" or 6" disc of self stick sand paper and stick it on the filter. Makes short work of it.
But if the gasket is glued to the housing, it's a b-yatch.

jb

·
Registered
334 Posts
This works well on stuck filters ...

A light coat of silicone grease will also prevent the filter from sticking .. works best when you remove the gasket and grease both sides...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts