Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric,

As you have seen, I'll be getting an injector replaced.

After they replace the injector what test should they perform?

Thanks for your help.

The other Lawrence

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
to properly diag the system they should do the return volume test, but I think in your case there is just a faulty part and doing the test would probably not be needed. Just a double check of the balance rates should be fine

Eric

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I asked them for a copy of all the test that they do and they said that it would not be a problem.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, that is why I'm asking for the test results. Since this is warrenty work. I'm assuming that GM will also want to see the results before they authorize/reimburse the dealer, correct?

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a little brain dead right now and can't seam to figure out what the 3C's are. It's been raining all day, "NEMO" has been on the TV or the other computer since 5am. No, we haven't been watch it for the last 15 hours it has just been on and on and on...

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is an injector spray pattern something that would be checked if a truck came in with fuel in the crank case? I was told that they found a couple of injectors with spray patterns they didn't like so they are replacing them.

Still don't have the truck back. Leak was from an O-ring on the return side, they had to order a replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts