Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone who has looked it over says it's probably timing chain and headgaskest 2000 6.5l turbo diesel

·
Administrator
19,884 Posts
Give us a little more background to the issue. (y)

Reactions: explorer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was driving up a long hill and overheated my motor temp was 290 plus on heat gun and I had to hit it with fire extinguisher do to the sound of crackling and may have got some in turbo intake but fryer to crack it with no compression had bad head gaskets before but still had compression ....

·
Administrator
19,884 Posts
I was driving up a long hill and overheated my motor temp was 290 plus on heat gun and I had to hit it with fire extinguisher do to the sound of crackling and may have got some in turbo intake but fryer to crack it with no compression had bad head gaskets before but still had compression ....
So now that 10 days has gone by what is current progress?
Still tearing things apart?
Looking for a new motor or ....?

·
Registered
6 Posts
At the very least you're going to need head gaskets. Wont know the extent of the problems until it comes apart, though.
Unfortunately, probably time to overhaul.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts