Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my LBZ/Allison was stuck in first gear and the engine light was on. I called OnStar, but they couldn't tell me what the problem was. I stopped at the WalMart and shut off the engine and went into the WalMart. When I started the truck and drove away, the transmission worked and shifted normally but the engine light was still on. At this time it's at the Dealership.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, I wasn't given the actual code numbers. I was told that the codes that came up indicated that the shift solenoid was stuck. Also, they stated that there were several other areas on the diagnostic tree where the problem could come from. One of them was the Start switch which I find hard to think would cause the problem. It was minus 17*C (2*F) yesterday and I think that the cold soak had something to do with the problem. It's minus 20*C (-4*F) today so I'll see if the problem reoccurs.

·
Registered
892 Posts
If you're lucky it may have just been a piece of debris floating around in the valvebody that will eventually end up in the filter and it will never happen again. Keep us informed!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish it was that easy. It happened again this morning and it's back in the stealer's again. I think that they're going to do something more concrete.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts