Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, hoping someone might have some gold but not optimistic..
Have been chasing a non starting issue on a forklift for a couple weeks putting in a few hours here and there after work (this is one that's had about 10 different people try and fail) and found an injector to have been stuck open.
Unfortunately rather than refurbish all 4 as asked, the management saw fit to just order 1 brand new one. Holding the new one in my hand I immediately noticed that the leak of grooves for the return on each of the original injectors had been put together with an aluminium crush washer the wrong side of the return rail and has embedded itself within the groove of the injector and just breaks up leave a perfectly flush ring of aluminium in the groove on the injectors and will not come on or move. Hope somebody can think of something I'm yet to try, please!
Household hardware Finger Thumb Gas Automotive tire
Tool Grey Gas Camera lens Household hardware
Household hardware Finger Nickel Auto part Sheep milk cheese

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The crush washers can be removed with a pick or sharp edge like a knife to get at any left over material within the groove.
They are meant as a one-time use washer so when they get crushed they need to be replaced before you reinstall the injector
Yes I realise this however the person before me has installed these on the wrong side of the fuel return rail and embedded them within the leak off groove of the injector. If you look at the first photo you can see the groove I mean and in the 3rd photo there's a comparison of the stuck washer untouched and the one beside has just broken apart.... leaving a ring of aluminium jammed flush in the groove on the injector. I can just foresee causing damage if I persist with a sharp edge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts