BEFORE

IN BETWEEN

AFTER

MORE

ONE MORE

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Looks good. Cost? Is airflow going to be an issue?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cost = $124.00

Paint= $75.00

Install= $60.00

I also colored matched all door handles, tailgate, front moldings.

Next are the mirrors

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Street Scene makes a good product. Had one on my 02 Chevy and installed the stainless version about 4 months ago on my 03 Chevy. Would rather have a full open grill like the GMC's and waiting for someone to come out with one. I believe the Street scene grills are available in brushed aluminum, black and stainless.

·
Registered
408 Posts
tophog,

Did You Take Off Your Towing Mirrors??

·
Registered
32 Posts
I PUT ONE OF THOSE WONDERFUL BILLET GRILLS ON MINE TILL MY ENGINE FAN STARTED RUNNING ALL THE TIME AND THE TEMP WAS RUNNING 220..SO IT GOT RETURNED..BUT THAT ONE LOOKS GOOD

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine has alot of air flow, time will tell if it overheath

·
Registered
285 Posts
Diesel, Nice look, Tophog, What did that set ya back?? I am thinking of getting something like that for my new Max, I am going with carbon color outside so ??? what do you guys think?

Lenny

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lenny,

I love the carbon color, I am getting the lower valance grill today I will take some pictures

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
MonteCarlo31 said:
Diesel, Nice look, Tophog, What did that set ya back?? I am thinking of getting something like that for my new Max, I am going with carbon color outside so ??? what do you guys think?

Lenny

IIRC, it was around $130 shipped.

·
Registered
353 Posts
130 SHIPPED??? Where from? I can only find them for 160 plus shipping..That is local! The local guys want me to pay to have the parts shipped in so I have been (sorta) looking on the net.

PS: Please don't think I am doubting you. I just looked at the reply and thought it to be a little harsh. I was just surprised. PLEASE send a link if you got it off the web..

Mike

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I will see if I can find the place online I ordered from ... seems it was Arizona Truck Accessories or something like that. I did a lot of shopping and these guys beat everyone else by about $20-30 at the time...about 4-5 months ago.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
turbodiesel03 said:
I PUT ONE OF THOSE WONDERFUL BILLET GRILLS ON MINE TILL MY ENGINE FAN STARTED RUNNING ALL THE TIME AND THE TEMP WAS RUNNING 220..SO IT GOT RETURNED..BUT THAT ONE LOOKS GOOD

Well I just got a billet grill installed on the new truck, about 250 miles on it, hope it doesn't turn out running hot too! Shouldn't be doing any heavy towing. Was your's running hot towing or normal running? Hard to imagine running hot with just a grill change, open area looks about the same and much of the air comes in lower than the grill too. Hope I didn't just screw up!

Edited by: srode

·
Registered
946 Posts
Those look nice. I have the flame grill inserts coming for christmas. I will post pictures.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I'm thinking of painting my Street Scene grill black like DIESEL 5's. I thought they were offered in black but in checking it doesn't appear so. Could I paint the stainless grill black myself and have it look good? Primer then paint? Would I be screwing up a good thing by painting it black? I always look at it and think black would look better on a white truck. Was also thinking of removing the Street Scene grill entirely and painting the OEM grill black ... except I don't think the honeycomb part of the 03/04 grills detaches so painting might be tricky? Thoughts?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine was painted carbon metalic grey, just like the truck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts