Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesturday, while headed back home from So. California, the throttle "went dead". By this I mean that there was absolutly not response when pressed. I was able to get off the road without getting hit, turned off the truck for about 2 minutes, and worked fine the rest of the way home. Any ideas as to what happened?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm one of those rare few that is not running anything that did not come stock from the factory. Only mod to date was the ODLO and 20k Reese 5th wheel hitch.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
have you go-pedal checked.

if you have access to a Predator or a tech II you can see the % of travel displayed.

It should go from 0% to almost 100%.

Start there.

GMC

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After shut down and restart, full response was regained. At least the same as what it was before it stopped working. Idle speed was all it would do when it happened.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I would take it in and see if any codes are stored. Make sure your fuel filter doesn't have more than 10 or 15,000 miles on it although one tank of bad fuel can clog a brand new one.

Were you towing?, going uphill?, under load?Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking something along the lines of throttle sensor, or computer brain f**t. Last fill up at large truck stop, 100 miles earlier. Towing little 2,000 lb popup trailer, flat land, ~125' elevation, outside temp about 84 degrees, had stopped for ~10 minutes for a bite to eat, got back on the freeway, mile down the road engine drops to idle, no responce from throttle, coasted to stop, turned off engine for about one minute, restarted - no throttle, shut off again, let sit for about 2-3 minutes, restarted - everything back to normal. Full power-running goood. Ran like it's supposed to for the next 200 miles home with out a hiccup.

·
Registered
138 Posts
On/Off switch = CONTROL/ALT/DELETE

If I didn't know better, I'd start suspecting Bill Gates.

On the way home from picking up my '03 with less than 10 miles on it the DIC went blank, the transmission shift indicator only showed a 'D' and it started coughing and sputtering. Cleared up in about a minute and hasn't been back since (6,000 mi)??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts