Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a strange thing happen to my 2005 LLY this weekend. I had pulled my 5th wheel to a campground, and after disconecting the trailer, parked the truck in a slight uphill slant.
Several hours later, when I went to start the truck, the truck would start and run 2-3 seconds and die. On restart it would do the same. On inspection the fuel gauge did not move off empty and the yellow light remained on(bedside the fuel gauge).
I let the truck roll down to level ad then played around in the fusebox under the hood and in the dash looking for a blown fuse but was unable to find one.
After looking at fuses for approximately 10 minutes (unplugging/plugging), I attempted to restart the truck-started/run perfect..........any clues?
Thanks in advance,
Steve

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
sounds like you answered your own question the truck was empty and all the fuel that was left wasnt near the fuel pickup because of the incline, when moved to level ground there was fuel to pick up

·
Registered
365 Posts
What up shughes im shughes too. Shaun hughes

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Might be the start of the wire harness blues--mine started just like you described--have your dealer check it out NOW. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts