Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several days ago we had a giant rain storm here: 8 inches in 24 hours. It wiped out bridges, roads, and even killed a few people. My wife was in an intersection that was flooded when along came a truck with a big lift at 50 mph and drenched the car as he flew past. Luckily the car was still running and she got to work okay.

A couple of days later the parking lights would not go off, no matter what she did. She drove home (battery handled it) and they turned off when she got here. The next day she got to work and the car alarm went off three times in a row. We both surmised the two events were related, and I figured the fuse box was wet. She went to the dealer. They put on their computer checker, said no code was found, and that nothing was wrong. Thankfully they did not charge her. The next day she stayed home and I checked the fuse box, which I found bone dry. (It's light around here about 7 hours a day in winter.)

My questions are:

1) What was/is wrong?
2) Has mechanics degenerated into reading codes only?

Car seems okay now. Yeah, I know it's not a truck question, but it seems a generic enough issue that you guys probably know anyway. Thanks.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Sounds like a possible moisture issue since it went away ( probably dried out ) . Now to figure out where the problem started in the first place ?? Maybe some connector got wet under the engine bay hard to say .Wish I could give you more logical info sorry .

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Sounds like a possible moisture issue since it went away ( probably dried out ) . Now to figure out where the problem started in the first place ?? Maybe some connector got wet under the engine bay hard to say .Wish I could give you more logical info sorry .
X2, you should also flip the fuse box over and look for corrosion on the bottom side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts