Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M INTERESTED IN INSTALLING A STRAIGHT PIPE ON MY TRUCK, BUT I CAN'T FIND A SHOP TO BEND IT. ANYONE KNOW OF A SHOP IN THE PHOENIX AREA

THNX FOR ANY HELP

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
rbbrinik said:
I'M INTERESTED IN INSTALLING A STRAIGHT PIPE ON MY TRUCK, BUT I CAN'T FIND A SHOP TO BEND IT. ANYONE KNOW OF A SHOP IN THE PHOENIX AREA

THNX FOR ANY HELP

No need to bend ... Just a straight piece is all that's required to remove the muffler .... There is a few company's that offer a muffler delete pipe ...

Mac

·
Registered
958 Posts
The muffler replacement pipe did need to be bent on mine.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I cut the muffler off of my truck and put a piece of 3 1/2 in flex pipe in where the muffler was.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I cut the muffler out of my exhaust, and since the inlet to the muffler was on the bottom and the outlet was on the top, I just cut a 3.5 inch pipe angled on each end so it would weld right up to the existing pipe. So what I am sayin is you will not need to bend the pipe, just angle each end so it will match up to the existing pipe, and you will not have a gap to fill in.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
DMAXPWR said:
I cut the muffler out of my exhaust, and since the inlet to the muffler was on the bottom and the outlet was on the top, I just cut a 3.5 inch pipe angled on each end so it would weld right up to the existing pipe. So what I am sayin is you will not need to bend the pipe, just angle each end so it will match up to the existing pipe, and you will not have a gap to fill in.

My welding skills are a bit rusty. I was hoping you'd say angle the ends and use band clamps. Nothings ever easy.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I had a couple 45 elbows welded together. Worked great.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I had to bell mouth mine because of the offset.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I may need to weld two 45's. I'm having a hard time finding a shop that can bend 3.5".

·
Registered
147 Posts
I used a piece of 3", and slipped it inside the stock exhaust. No bending needed and I have a EC/SB, it runs at an angle. It welded right into place, the muffler shop charged me $50.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Used 3.5" pipe and 2 3.5" id couplers u can get enough flex out of the connections to make it work. pipe is on a angle but looks good everything welded.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just got through putting in the straight pipe in my Banks system so I've got 4" straight through from front to back. The sound is pretty awesome. Kinda loud in town when you go past all the buildings that are close together the sound bounces around a bit.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just did a muffler relocation on my 04 LB7. Sounds pretty horny! I ahd a muffler shop here bend me a pipe. Best 40.00 I ever spent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.