Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's the ladder?

I don't know about every where else but here in SE Pa. I have been seeing the med duty GMs everywhere.

Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
245 Posts
How long till we see one of those with a HD factory bed on the back... Now that would be an awesome truck.

What power train do they run? Engine/Trans?

I'd like one in Tan please...

cmc

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Looks very nice! I see several of them every day myself.

I know a conractor that has 5 of them (all 2 wheel drive regular cab) He still has 11 F550`s that he is trading in as they wear out.

I was talking to him about them, He stated that they are twice the truck as the much smaller Ford F-550. He claimed that these trucks can haul 2 ton or more over what the F-550 can.

But he is having a problem with the exhaust brake closing to heat the engine up when they are already warm. (This problem has only showed up on two of the five) GM is working on it.

However that is just one persons opinion. I have not talked with any other owners.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
CMC-GMC said:
How long till we see one of those with a HD factory bed on the back... Now that would be an awesome truck.

What power train do they run? Engine/Trans?

I'd like one in Tan please...

cmc

Duramax/Allison or ZF 6 speed is what I have heard.

But no 590 ft/lb tq for this big beast. This truck is built for towing those 40 foot fifth wheel trailers.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
I saw one of those up here on the freeway a couple weeks back with a standard pickup box...had to do a double take.

·
Registered
692 Posts
They have an inline 6 DMax in them. have not seen a 4wd or one with a standard bed. Have tinted the windows on a few 4500 for a company that makes haulers out of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts