Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in the local parts store and just for kicks checked on what filters they had for the DMAX. Had the usual Fram 9100 POS. They also had an STP 9100 filter for $5.89. I compared the two and the STP was much heavier like the A/C and seemed to be of much higher quality. On the side it said made by Champion Filters. The question is are these any good?

It's a good price if it's a good filter.

Edited by: BigdaddyG

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I have used them for 30K + miles. I don't thing Champion or STP would put their name on a bad product. Later! Frank

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Champion is the OEM manufacturer... at least they were on the 2001 trucks. They were black back then. I don't know if they are still using Champion for factory engines.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have used the STP for 30,000 miles and have no problems.

·
Registered
242 Posts
There have been several oil pages on the internet that cut open filters and compared quality of filter paper, bleed back springs, and steel for the jacket. Champion has always come out on top. I have used Champion in all cars and trucks for 5 years now, no problems. They are usually cheaper than the Fram crap also.

·
Registered
168 Posts
STP filters are made by Luber Finer. In case you were concerned about the quality of STP. Good filters.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'e been using the STP oil filters and as near as I can tell, except for the blue paint on the can, they are identical to the factory supplied Champion.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Did any of you catch that STP oil filters were on sale at Autozone for $1.99??? I bought all our local store had. (2 filters). I bought one on Saturday and went back to see if anyone bought the last one. It was there so, I snatched it. Biggest sellers were the "S-2" used on Furd V-8's and 3980's used on various GM V-6's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts