Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year when changing out the tranny fluid, I purchased the 2.5 gallon (never again) containers of Amsoil Universal Synthetic. I had about 2 gallons left over and would like to know if I should get rid of it, or keep using it to fill the spin-ons when I replace them. My concern is that I live in a coastal (humid) region and I am afraid the fluid is collecting moisture from the air. The cap is always on tight, but I did have to put a nail hole in the top to act as a vent when I was pouring it into the tranny/xfer case. The hole is covered tightly w/ duct tape so I don't think air/moisture can get in. Am I being too paranoid about the moisture, or should I quit using the extra fluid when doing spin-on changes? Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
You're worrying way too much.If you have it sealed,no way moisture laden air is seeping in.If it makes you feel better,watch for any color discrepancies when you pour it slowly.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
[email protected];1631729; said:
You're worrying way too much.If you have it sealed,no way moisture laden air is seeping in.If it makes you feel better,watch for any color discrepancies when you pour it slowly.
x2...

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I bought a 5 gallon pail of castrol Transynd about 3+ years ago. I keep it sealed and when I use it looks good.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Just make sure the cap is on tight and you should be ok;.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all, I feel confident now that all is well. :thankyou2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.