Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to ditch the stock radio and CD player for a new Sony radio that has everything integrated, so I want to remove the remote CD in the dash. Is there a storage shelf already there or is that a part I need to go look for now? Thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You need to have your dealer get you a cubby to install there. Otherwise there will just be a big hole and stuff will fall down through the dash. Should be rather cheap.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I had a feeling

that there probably would be a gaping hole left behind. I'll check on that part from the dealer so that I have it for the installers.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm interested $$ in your cd if it's a changer and compatible with the TNR head unit.

Tony

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
woody, I'm referring to the single CD slot that sits below the climate control knobs. AFAIK, it only plays one CD, and forgive my newbieness :chevy: when I don't know what TNR means, yet. I don't think I have what you need.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Bummer.
The TNR is a touch screen navigation unit. It only holds one cd at a time.

Thanks anyway.
Tony

·
Registered
192 Posts
No doubt. I have one sitting on the shelf that I just took out of my '97 that I would give to you.......but, I butchered it by cutting out the back of it so I could mount my business band radio several years go so It wouldn't be much different than not having it. Anyhow, you wouldn't have to have the "installers" put it in. It's no different than the radio or HVAC controls. It just "snaps" into place.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
woody240;1571642; said:
I'm interested $$ in your cd if it's a changer and compatible with the TNR head unit.

Tony

not compatible woody, your truck is a 07' and the cd player is out of a 98'

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
theres is a little plastic pocket that replaces that

its a dealer item

·
Registered
296 Posts
i got a cubby hole for my 99 the dealer ordered it for me i think was under $20

1 - 10 of 10 Posts