Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clamp holding my turbo together broke yesterday. Looking at the posts I could find on it, since the turbo separated and you can't buy the clamp anyway, the turbo is toast. I know in very basic terms how turbos work and was wondering if an upgrade to a stage 1 or 2 turbo would be beneficial. I'm assuming since I'll be back there anyway, a downpipe is probably on my list. I run a tune of less than 100HP normally, but drop that to a 40HP tune when towing more than 10k. Everything else is stock on the truck minus whatever is in my signature.

I've been looking at some vendors and see I can get a direct replacement turbo for about $900, a Garrett direct replacement for $1300 a Garrett stage 1 for $1500 and a stage 2 for $1900. The truck is more of a dialy driver with some towing occasionally. I'm all about some better performance but if the stage 1 or 2 turbos require EFI live or other advance tuning, that may be more than I'm willing to take on.

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
I would contact John Kennedy over at Kennedy Diesel or Brent at Lincoln Diesel Specialties.
Both of those Supporting Vendors can guide you on the correct Turbo for your specific needs and driving conditions.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Pick and Pull maybe for a replacement strap or someone here must have one under the work bench (like me).

·
Registered
269 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts