Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new to me triple dog no nothing about tunners, just wondering if this will do any damage to my truck.
The truck is 03 crew cab 4 wheel drive with 130000miles
looking to get better mileage and power if possible
pull a laarge john deere skid steer and enclosed trailer
are there other tunes that can be loaded on to the truck with this tunner that would be better

Thanks Clay

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Ran that with the Outlook Monitor for 5 years on my truck. Never had a problem! Just stay away from the Extreme setting and you'll be fine. I daily drove on the Performance tune and towed on the Tow tune. There are better tunes out there but you'll be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That will be fine as mentioned. Just keep in mind that when towing heavy loads, keep the tuner in a lower HP setting. Too much HP and you will burn the clutches in the trans. Also when using the power... daily driving... Be cautious of the 4-5 shifts on a Hot tune. Thats the weak link in the 5 speed.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That will be fine as mentioned. Just keep in mind that when towing heavy loads, keep the tuner in a lower HP setting. Too much HP and you will burn the clutches in the trans. Also when using the power... daily driving... Be cautious of the 4-5 shifts on a Hot tune. Thats the weak link in the 5 speed.
Just got this tuner new to me too a few weeks ago. I can tell the hot tune could be dangerous if not used wisely, gave her hell last night and she didn't seem to like it too much. Smelled the fluid after and it smelled like burnt rubber bands. Need to not do that anymore, just did injectors, can't afford a tranny job.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had the bully dog and straight pipes for a week and went from 13.8 to 16.2, and that wast beating on it a bit with the new power.
I have it set on economy and that is plenty of power for my needs
overall I am very happy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.