Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7" lift on my 05 2500hd truck & would like to install heavier sway bar to help w/ body roll..

Can I install the 3500hd dually bars on my truck to help w/ body roll. Currently don't have a rear bar, has anyone swapped the 3500hd bars over to a 2500hd??? Is it a bolt -on swap?

Any other suggestions to cure this??

thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
bucksdmax;1599145; said:
I have a 7" lift on my 05 2500hd truck & would like to install heavier sway bar to help w/ body roll..

Can I install the 3500hd dually bars on my truck to help w/ body roll. Currently don't have a rear bar, has anyone swapped the 3500hd bars over to a 2500hd??? Is it a bolt -on swap?

Any other suggestions to cure this??

thanks
The 3500HD flat bed bar from GM will not fit a pick-up 2500/3500HD. Frame is different. GM has no rear bar for pick-ups. Front bar is hollow.

Cognito and Frederico Perf are almost done with a 6"+ Lift kit sway bar kit. Contact Cognito Motorsports to order/info.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom, thanks for the advice...

Do these fit around 5" exhaust & Deaver rear springs??
Thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
bucksdmax;1599668; said:
Tom, thanks for the advice...

Do these fit around 5" exhaust & Deaver rear springs??
Thanks
Yes the new rear sway bar for lifted trucks mounts completely differently then the kit for stock height trucks. It mounts between the bed and frame. The endlinks extend on the outside of the frame to the axle tubes. Thus avoiding the exhaust, springs, and air bags. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
more like a anti-roll bar for a drag car?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for your help!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Looking forward to when these come out. I want to get a set for when I'm towing to stop the unnecessary sway.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just what is the diff between a anti sway bar and a anti roll bar??

·
Registered
100 Posts
TFEnt;1617907; said:
Nothing, they both refer to the same piece of hardware.
Thats what I thought,THX. By the way, any ETA on the new sway bars? And will they work on a 2500HD 4x4 w/ no lift that also needs a set of traction bars or will the they over lap?

·
Registered
334 Posts
SANDHEAD;1618495; said:
Thats what I thought,THX. By the way, any ETA on the new sway bars? And will they work on a 2500HD 4x4 w/ no lift that also needs a set of traction bars or will the they over lap?
We are doing another test fit this Sunday. I wish these were done 6 weeks ago. I just want the fit to be as perfect as possible.

I do not think the traction bars are an install issue.

·
Registered
100 Posts
TFEnt;1618675; said:
We are doing another test fit this Sunday. I wish these were done 6 weeks ago. I just want the fit to be as perfect as possible.

I do not think the traction bars are an install issue.
How about not having a lift on the truck. Is that front and rear sway bar ready or is also in R&D stages? THX!

·
Registered
334 Posts
SANDHEAD;1627851; said:
How about not having a lift on the truck. Is that front and rear sway bar ready or is also in R&D stages? THX!
for stock height to 4-6 lift and stock exhaust system the bars have been in production for years

6-12 lift in developement with Cognito

stock height to 4-6 lift aftermarket exhaust the bars are a few weeks from production and we have another test fit this Sunday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts