Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just picked up this 2006 GMC CrewCab, with the LBZ !!! The power in this thing is INSANE !!!!
From all the info in this forum I was able to educate myself pretty good about my truck !!! Amazing website !!!
Here is my situation..... I purchsed this truck from another province, I had to drive 16 hours to go get it !! , NO REGRETS !!!!!!
The used car dealer told me it had a few mods done to it when he took it in on trade.It only has 19,000KM on it, it's still like new !!
Well after picking it up and driving it home, I realized that this truck is vicious on the road !! not like any STOCK 6.6L I've ever tried.
Upon further investigation, I found a complete MBRP stainless 4" front to back with NO cat/convertor !! Under the hood, an AIRAID air intake system !! Now here's the strange part... I know the pcm has to have been reflashed cause this thing rips !!!
The dealer said he would send me the stock exhaust & air intake for it in case I want to return it to stock.
Now here's my problem...The pcm..... He told me he had it reprogrammed down in his neck of the woods wich is 16HRS away from me and if I want to reflash the PCM to stock, I would have to bring it to him !!!! I don't want to have to do that !!!!
My question is, is there any other way to return my PCM to stock settings other than having to go back to the guy who originally flashed it ???
Please, I need help on this cause I want to put in an EDGE system but I want to return it to stock first !!
O,h and one more question, what is the best/safest programmer to put on this LBZ monster ??!!??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
you got a great truck buzzman and the intake and exhaust is a great start. any dealer should be able to reflash the ecm to stock. i have a Diablo Predator on my lbz and works great on the first three levels, they do what they claim and it seems mild and safe to me. if you want to spend a little more money wait a month for the Banks ottomind to come out, it has 6 settings switchable on the fly up to 100 HP they go up in 20 HP intervals. Jeff B. over at Banks can give you more info and can call you when it goes on sale.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Where in Northern Ontario are you located?? You picked a great truck!!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Yep, I would suggest you go into a dealer and explain that you just bought the truck and suspect it may have had a programmer put on it and you want to see if they can reflash the ECM to be safe. Make sure you explain to them that you want it back to stock for the longevity and safety of the truck not so you can put another programmer on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not too far from you !!!

06bowtie_guy;1600742; said:
Where in Northern Ontario are you located?? You picked a great truck!!
I'm in Mattawa, Ontario.... I picked up the the truck in Quebec city last weekend, But I don't want to go back there to have it reprogramed !!!:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Huh kind of weird but i live in southern ontario got mt truck 2 months ago and it came from Quebec city also. My dealer showed me a pic a truck on computer and i said i'll take it. LBZ CC 14000 km for $42,000 I don't know why so cheap but its great:D and nothin wrong with it. I noticed the same thing my truck really halls butt tooo

·
Registered
260 Posts
durasteel36;1600718; said:
you got a great truck buzzman and the intake and exhaust is a great start. any dealer should be able to reflash the ecm to stock. i have a Diablo Predator on my lbz and works great on the first three levels, they do what they claim and it seems mild and safe to me. if you want to spend a little more money wait a month for the Banks ottomind to come out, it has 6 settings switchable on the fly up to 100 HP they go up in 20 HP intervals. Jeff B. over at Banks can give you more info and can call you when it goes on sale.
Don't want to hijack the thread, but what kind of price is this supposed to be?

·
Registered
31 Posts
caz41;1600998; said:
Don't want to hijack the thread, but what kind of price is this supposed to be?
Well if your asking about the Ottomind6 from Banks then i was told 720 bucks through banks themselves but if you call a retailer such as truckperformance.com they will get you a better deal. And always talk your price down they will budge. i never pay the asking price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
JoshH;1602021; said:
You sound like my dad. He haggles with walmart. I didn't even know you could do that. :eek:

ive never went that far, not with wal-mart! Wow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts