Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know the stock out-put (hp-torque) of a 1996 6.5? also my neibhor has a 95 6.5 and he does a lot of towing and his injector pumps keep shi**ing out on his, is this a common problem?? he went thru 5-6 pumps in eight years :banghead: and he's a fanatic about maintenance. any info would helpthanks guys!! keep truckin:ro) :cool: :chevy: ' kenny

·
Registered
231 Posts
96 HO motor was rated at 190hp, can't remember torque, but around 380#. egr motor in half tons rated at 180hp and around 360 torque. 97 up HO was rated at 195/420.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I'm thinking that having that MANY pumps indicates a chance of dealership diagnostics at it's best. Not knowing the particulars about his situation, some dealers began diagnostics with condemning the injection pump. If that parts changing didn't work, then they'd find the real problem. Yes, they have their issues, but it shouldn't be that bad, unless that didn't analyize what was causing the failure, if he really did have that many really-truly fail on him.

With that many failures, I would have to say they were under warranty. Nobody has enough patience (or funding) to PAY to have that many pumps put on any one vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts