Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

Zach here. New to board. You will see more of me in the future. Hopefully be able to do some site sponsership once my truck accessory site is up and running.

Anyways: I have a 1992 GMC Typhoon (not diesel but turbo'd non the less
). I am wanting to convert it from air 2 water to air 2 air. I am wondering if anyone has a spare intercooler lying around that they want to get rid of. I will have the measurements I need shortly. I do not know what the stock measurements are for most of the Diesel applications but I figure if it can support your big trucks it should be able to handle my 4.3.
Any input would be appreciated.

I looked around but did not see a spot on the site tha might have stock core measurments. Any ideas, so I can do my research ahead of time? Thanks in advance

Zach.Edited by: Boosted

·
Registered
100 Posts
Zach,

Hope you don't mind MAJOR surgery. I don't think we have nearly enough room for that big chunk of aluminum. But I do like the idea, our water/air is about useless on these trucks. (Syclone & Typhoon)

DaveEdited by: sycloneGuy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am long on time and medium on talent but short on funds :)

I am waiting on some reply's from ebayers to see if I can't get core dimensions so I can see if it will fit side to side and up and down. I dont mine modifiying grill to clear, but cant justify the 1500 for an RPM or whatever setup. If I can score a core cheap, I can get all the bends through hooker or hedman or whatver through work, and I will fab it up myself.

Am I accurate in assuming that if a SD or Cummins or Duramax core cna support the big trucks it will flow enough for a stock motor stock turbo'd TY?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.