Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the stock center caps fit on Mickey Thompson Classic II rims? Will the plastic "fake lug nuts" Bite onto the stock lugnuts?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I don't see how it could work. But if I say you can't, someone will chime in and say they did it. I don't think there would be enough bite for those plastic caps. I think the lug hole are too far recessed. What's wrong with buying the center caps and new lugnuts. My Eagle alloys are basically the same as the M/T Classic locks and I can't put the stock cap on it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I tried to put the stock centers on a set of M/T Classic IIs last year, did not work. Maybe you can modify it, so I do not want to say it can't be done, but they do not simply bolt on.

I kind of remember thinking I could make them work with a rainy afternoon, a 12 pack, and a dremel.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Will the stock center caps fit on Mickey Thompson Classic II rims? Will the plastic "fake lug nuts" Bite onto the stock lugnuts?

Are classic II's like American eagle 589's?? Not sure if I have pic of mine the the garage, but I do have some at www.picturetrail.com/stove

If they are similiar rims they should work.

If your stockers are alum rims they will work with out modification. The cneter caps themselves have removable pads and I did take them off so plastic lugs had more to grab.

If your stock rims where steels then it takes more work. My 01 truck was factory steels, I had to remove the pads, and then sanded down the whole cap. I just used a wide belt sander and kept test fitting. Ran them on that truck 50K before this truck.

good luck

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
There are a couple of ways to skin this cat. If I could figure out how to post a picture on this thing, I would show you my Eagle Alloys with factory caps on my 01 HD 2500. Here is the deal. if you have steel wheels to begin with the nut covers have a shorter skirt on them and won't work. All you have to do is to go buy 32 of the ones for Aluminum wheels and you are 1/2 way there.
If you had stock Alums, then all you should need to do it so grind off those little pads and they should work. They did on mine. Now, here is the draw back, and that is that if you go back to stock rims, the caps will rattle, unless you shim them with something. I personally like the stock center caps way better than the aftermarket ones, so I figured out how to make them work.

Good Luck.:ro)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Here are a couple, sadly orange truck is gone

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
stove.
I really liked the Orange truck. What a great color. I wish they still had that color available.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
stove.
I really liked the Orange truck. What a great color. I wish they still had that color available.
Your're telling me. I tried everything to get a new truck in that color. In fact that truck would have been gone long before it was, had lots of first year bugs, but that color kept me from selling it!!

He!!, my dealer likes special colors, they tried to order a group in sunset orange, then daytona orange(vette color) but just could not get it done. The only reason this truck will leave anytime soon is if GM makes something close to that color available again.

later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts