Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After lots of reading I've come to the conclusion that EFI Live will be my "tuner" of choice. There are alot of posts on high HP/TQ tunes but what I'm wondering is if I can get/pay for tunes that would be ok to run on my stock tranny. I'll be upgrading the ally at some point and know that if I can start with EFI I won't regret it. Especially if I can get the switchable tunes from economy to semi-performance with my setup.

The posts from Tony and Kennedy sharing tunes are encouraging but I just wanted to see what a custom "mild" tune might run me. I know that I'll pick up the software in time but without a built tranny I don't want to take any chances.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
A tow/economy tune is included with an EFILive purchase from SoCal Diesel. Just send me your stock tune and I'll modify it and send it back to you.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
The Allison capabilities with EFI Live are quite limited at this point. It will take them a bit to add and organize the tables needed. From there, a lot of trial and error will be required to get it tuned "just right."

I'm hoping that Brandon gets a chance to do some testing at the track today, but he's on a tight schedule with getting done, loaded, and back home in time for a work trip...

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Mmm, they aren't limited to what you can do before we put it into beta :)

At the moment the tables that are in there are probably more designed to personalize the way your Allison shifts, gear change road speeds, TCC apply/release speeds etc. But with me only a phone call away from John there will be no rest for us ;)

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
After lots of reading I've come to the conclusion that EFI Live will be my "tuner" of choice. There are alot of posts on high HP/TQ tunes but what I'm wondering is if I can get/pay for tunes that would be ok to run on my stock tranny. I'll be upgrading the ally at some point and know that if I can start with EFI I won't regret it. Especially if I can get the switchable tunes from economy to semi-performance with my setup.

The posts from Tony and Kennedy sharing tunes are encouraging but I just wanted to see what a custom "mild" tune might run me. I know that I'll pick up the software in time but without a built tranny I don't want to take any chances.
wondering same thing what would a tune equall to my edge on lvl 4 run? so i can still have fun with my truck til i get the hang of efi live, and get trans built:D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Right now I'm not looking to tune the Allison - although I did read that those capabilities are in beta. Just looking for something like the Edge on level 2 or 3 so I don't need a new trans just yet.

Thanks for the feedback and support - EFI Live is on the way :)

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Right now I'm not looking to tune the Allison - although I did read that those capabilities are in beta. Just looking for something like the Edge on level 2 or 3 so I don't need a new trans just yet.

Thanks for the feedback and support - EFI Live is on the way :)
I believe that there are some performance tunes (50-125 added rear wheel horsepower!) to be had around here. You just have to know where to look, and who to ask! Good luck!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I believe that there are some performance tunes (50-125 added rear wheel horsepower!) to be had around here. You just have to know where to look, and who to ask! Good luck!
So let the secret out....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts