Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my right side tow mirror stop extending. After several cycles the mirror finally deployed and continued to work as long as you cycle it frequently. Took it to the dealer and the they "greased" the slides. Tried it before I left the dealer lot and the thing still does not work. They are replacing with a new one. Seems like dirt gets into the slides and overcomes the clutch on the motor.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the extending trailer mirrors, too (no sticking, though). Can someone confirm that I am NOT supposed to have the automatic curb-assist feature (when tranny is in reverse for parallel parking). I would love to have it (my owner's manual talks about it), but I can't figure out how to activate it. My hunch is that that feature is only applicable with the "stock" mirrors.

Also, anyone have a brand/source suggestion for convex mirrors to adhere to my mirrors. I'd like some blind-spot visibility...

Thanks,

Terel

·
Registered
190 Posts
I forget where but yes there are some spot mirrors that will attach to the top of your trailer mirrors.
Do a search and you should find the post.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
terel said:
I have the extending trailer mirrors, too (no sticking, though). Can someone confirm that I am NOT supposed to have the automatic curb-assist feature (when tranny is in reverse for parallel parking). I would love to have it (my owner's manual talks about it), but I can't figure out how to activate it. My hunch is that that feature is only applicable with the "stock" mirrors.

Also, anyone have a brand/source suggestion for convex mirrors to adhere to my mirrors. I'd like some blind-spot visibility...

Thanks,

Terel

Sorry, no tilt down in reverse or memory mirrors if you have the extendable towing mirrors, I was surprised to find that out on mine too. Sure would have liked to have both

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks for clarifying, guys.

I'll look for the spot mirror post. If you happen to find it, let me know.

~Terel

·
Registered
338 Posts
wouldnt do without convex mirrors any more years ago pulled camper and 26ft horsetrailer for 6000miles for thee weeks filled it up with antque furniture put some on then now cant do without them got ouer 04 and the first thing i did was put some on didnt like the blind spots when changing lanes put small sqaure ones on look nicer then the round ones got them from wallmart

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts