Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the 2004 LT Duramax it hase the Bose system which I sure you are all aware of, but how good are the speakers really? Would it be worth it to change the speaker system? For that matter would it be worth it to change the deck also?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
if you are not satisfied with the stock system and have the cash to upgrade then do it....i did and im more then happy.....good luck

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
if it sounds good to your ears, then the speakers are good :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Good speakers are all in the listener. $30 Jensen speakers can be good speakers if the listener is satisfied with them. It all depends on what you think, and if you believe there is room for improvement. You'll need to get a new amp for new speakers, though.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
or you can go with the Lux amp for a simple install...too bad they arent cheap $$$ like they used to be :(

If you are going to ditch the whole Bose system there is no need to ditch the head unit as well (luckilly). Just get a PAC AOEM-GM24 adapter and you can use your stock head unit with any aftermarket amps/speakers/subs etc... That way it all looks stock, the steering wheel controls work, the rear seat audio controls work, the XM works, and the OnStar works. :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
I swapped my speakers out as soon as I got home, I never liked the BOSE personnally. They are mostly paper

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Here we go again........................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts