Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening fellow D/A owners. I just purchased a Boss 8" overhead dvd player for my 02 crew cab. I need to connect the FM modulator to the antenna. Do I need to pull the stereo for this, or is there another way way to get to the antenna connection? If I have to remove it, is there any tricks I need to know before I crack any plastic moldings? Thanks in advance.

Tom.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The bezel comes right off, snaps out, easy as pie, then a few bolts and you see the antane going into the back of the radio..should take no more than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks WS. What exactly is the bezel?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts

The part that surrounds the dash .... Start in one corner (ish as it's really round) and pull straight out ... Tilt wheel down, shift lever in 1 st ,,,

You should be able to grab it with finger tips ....

Mac

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a million Mac. I'll try it as soon as unit gets here.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
The radio pulls out by simply squeezing the side retainers. Slides right out.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I added then removed a modulator due to alternator noise. I had a hell of a time getitng the radio out. Trim off no problem, radio slide out about 2 inches and then required some umph to finish. Here lies the problem. Getting the modudulator in was no problem but removing it and reconnecting to the radio plug was extreemly tough.

I might recommend the XM Commandor. We installed on the F*** and it works awesome. Well worth the 150.00 we paid and the lady is happy.

Just my luck it was difficult. Seems to be how things go for me and projects. Self inflicted agony.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dmaxscott,

I have encountered the same electrical interference noise with the Audivox FM modulator that came with my DVD System. I looked up the XM Commander like you suggested, but that is for a satellite system. Are you suggesting I purchase this unit to use as an FM modulator for my DVD system?

Tom.Edited by: Wreckfisher

1 - 8 of 8 Posts