Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Here is the deal. I do NOT have the switches in my steering wheel.

I plan on replacing the radio so I didn't want switches that didn't work on the SW.

What I neglected to find out was that none of the oil monitoring features and what not would work without the switches.

So my question is this. Can we buy just the switches? I was thinking I could hook them up and mount them on a plate. I wouldn't need the volume and tuner switches just the ones for the oil monitor.

Did that make sense?

Mike

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Do you mean that the DIC does not function without the steering wheel controls ???

My 2003 Tahoe has the SW controls and I love them. It also has ON-STAR as well so it is all there.

I was looking at JPCUSTOMS web site for controls for my 2002 and maybe Jason can help you out here.

Look at this link

From the Deisel Place vendor Forum:

Greeting from Pendlum,

JP Customs offers accessories for the Full-size Chevy and GMC Trucks and SUV's. If you drive a Silverado, Sierra, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, Avalanche or Hummer H2, JP Customs has accessories for you.

[url]www.jpcustoms.com[/url]

Thank you,

Jason

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is correct. The DIC does not work on the LS without the steering wheels controls. From what I understand they are the only way to control it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lone wolf, I'm in the same boat...Please let me know what you figure out on this. I'm wondering if the electronics w/o the controls are still there. And if the DIC is actually just some progs in the WCM. If so, could the same be achieved with a few momentary switches? Sure would be a nice upgrade!

That would be a real nice option on the Juice/Attitude box wouldn't it?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Does anyone know if this applies to the 04's also? I ordered an 04 HD2500 CC, but didn't put the steering wheel switch option on. I didn't see any reason to have them. May have to change this if the DIC isn't going to work.

Norm

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
I would guess that you need them, IIRC they were $125.00 or so...mine was a package I believe and it came with adjustable pedals and some other stuff......

The Pedals are a great option..not available on the trucks yet.

I would try to get them they are too convenient to not have.

T
NY

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there any way to use this system (modification) without having th e controls? I bought my truck off of a lot and would of liked the full DIC functions....Are they still there, just unable to be used? There would have to be some way to access them if the software is there.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
149 Posts
The oil life system is still there if you don't have the steering wheel controls. The only difference is you can't see at what percentage it's at like you can with the controls- it just tells you when it's time. To reset it you have the key on and push the throttle to the floor and release 3 times.

There are some other things that work with the radio including door chimes, key in ign and whatnot that will not work if you remove the factory radio.Edited by: army

1 - 8 of 8 Posts