Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all! I'm thinking about fabricating a 2" body lift for my '05 Dura; does anybody know if I need a steering shaft extension? Can all the hoses handle the lift? And the fan shroud? Any info appreciated and all thoughts valued!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
A 3" body lift that is availible for the dmax and has all the brackets for relocation of the intercooler and such.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I prefer to make it myself. Besides 3" is ugly with that frame. I can handle everything... I'm just wondering if I need a steers extension. Appreciate the reply though.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I know quite a few people that have built a body lift and never included the extension. This was all on 98-older trucks though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I HAD to use one on my 3"...i doubt you could get away without one even on a 2". Would not be that hard to make one though.

Everything else will be fine.....fan shroud...make your own spacers for it and brackets to drop the lower half.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Thanks, but I prefer to make it myself. Besides 3" is ugly with that frame. I can handle everything... I'm just wondering if I need a steers extension. Appreciate the reply though.
If you think the 3" UGLY, the 2" is going to look virtually the same. Just so you realize that. That one extra inch isn't going to hide much more of the frame. I still like BL just because they are SOOOO much cheaper for the same outcome (unless you are wheelin heavily). Just my .02

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey! Thanks for all the replys and advice!!! You'r all a class-act-bunch! the reason I don't go with a 3" is because I don't need 3" (not even quite 2") and if I go with any more than 2" my Duramax won't fit in my garage; that's right... my baby is babied!

·
Registered
311 Posts
i was thinkin bout doin mine. i am pretty good mechanically so im sure it aint rocket science... so do u need a steering extension...? post some pics of what u had to do...when u do the lift, thanks and on my truck the amp steps hide the frame really well on the side. looks like part of the body. they hang about 2 to 3 " so a body lift will do me well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts