Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My power steering makes a squeel and you can feel it throught the steering wheel when i turn without moving. Checked fluid its at the right level, it really does it when i am backing my boat in the drive way and turn hard. anybodys truck do this? also should i take off my edge before letting the dealer look at it. Plan on lifting the truck soon , and want to fix this before so they cant say its because the lift.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've got the same problem, but it seems like it only does it when its cold in the morning. I'm thinking about trying that Lucas power steering fluid stuff???

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
take off the edge and take it into the dealer your pump is not right does your brakes fill funny also

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No the brakes are good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem,some say it's the steering shaft and it needs to be greased I just wish I knew where and how to do this. could you help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has any one had problem with there steering shaft making noise, if so how and what is the fix? Some say replace lower shaft and some say to grease it. If grease is the fix how do you go about doing that?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Has any one had problem with there steering shaft making noise, if so how and what is the fix? Some say replace lower shaft and some say to grease it. If grease is the fix how do you go about doing that?
There is a TSB for the Steering Shaft. Some member grease their own and if you search you will find a thread that tells you how. I took mine to the dealer under warranty and had it replaced with the corrected shaft. 20K on the new shaft no problems thus far....Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts