Diesel Place banner

Steel Hoods for my 2001 GMC?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Professor 
#1 ·
Where are there some nice ones I can look at online? Since my hood ate some tree bark, I might put on something different.

#4 ·
hoot said:
Where are there some nice ones I can look at online? Since my hood ate some tree bark, I might put on something different.

I saw a 2000 silverado hood for a $100 at jpcustoms site, under garage sales, dont know if that will work for ya.

#5 ·
Hoot RATDOC had the Goodmark cowl hood on his old 6.5 Burb and was quite pleased with the result, really lowered underhood temps as well as looking good, I'll go that route myself eventually, only problem is for me to decide which way to go ram air or cowl air, I think I like the look of the ram air hood better than the cowl but if cowl is more effective at lowering under hood temps that will be the decision maker for me.

#8 ·
Which hood did you go with, the steel induction?

#10 ·
Don't know if you have already gotten your hood or not, but thought I would leave a little more advice. When the trucking company shows up with it make sure you or whoever is signing for the hood takes it out of the box and inspects it before signing the ticket. Don't just judge it on the way the box looks, the trucking companies can do some major damage to the hood and the box will look fine. I have even had a hood that was dropped out of the truck when delivered and then the truck driver stepped on it getting out, luckily the receiver saw it and recorded the damage on the ticket before signing. Not common, but it does happen.

#11 ·
Will do.... I had a gas grill I ordered at Home Depot. It came in UPS. Home Depot called and said it's in but you may not want it. The box (and grill) was destroyed. I could not believe UPS had the nerve to even deliver it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.