Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know when alot of us that bought our Duallies, the Mud Flaps had the stealerships name on it.
Can anyone tell me if I can use maybe piant thinner or something to get it off? Or am I just going to have to take the plate off the flaps and get a new one?
Anyone done that before?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Mine had custom chrome mudflaps so it was a non issue for me. Maybe you could use shoe polish or something like that.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Is it stickers?????? Or are the leters raised and painted????????????????? Try it if you are determined to take their name off, worse you do is ruin the flaps and buy new
which is what you were gonna have to do anyways.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is painted onto alluminum or stainless. Tried scratching it a little but it really did not do anything. I wished it was a sticker. I would have just used paint thinner or something and got it off. Might just have to buy new ones.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey Dude... I went to my local fab shop got them to make some diamond plate weights for the bottom and drill holes through them and hang from the flaps....it will look like you have a chrome set oof Flaps...Bolt on with Carriage bolts and they look awesome.
Brad

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I will try the acetone. Did not think about that. If it don't work I will look into have some made and replace the old ones.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
If nothing else

rubbing compound with a buffer. Then they will shine!

If I were going to do diamond plate, I would buy some at TSC and make my own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.